Vinyl Mini Blinds
Vinyl mini blinds are suitable window treatments for your entire home. In addition to providing privacy, mini blinds are designed to help with light control in a room. The simplicity, versatility, and wide variety of available mini blinds allows them to blend in effortlessly with any interior decor of your home.What opening mechanisms are available for vinyl mini blinds?
The opening and closing mechanism is one quality that will determine the suitability of your window coverings. When deciding whether your blinds should have a cord or not, consider the level of safety and convenience you want in your home.
- Routeless: These shades don’t have visible holes where the cord goes, which minimizes the amount of light they let in. They also offer more privacy.
- Cordless mini blind: The opening and closing control is hidden, which removes the need for a cord lift. You only need to touch the blinds to raise, lower, or open and close them.
- Motorized lift: These mini blinds have a button that you push to close or to open them.
- Cloth tapes: Pieces of fabric are added to the window treatment, which minimizes light leakage by covering the route holes.
One of the advantages of vinyl is that it can offer the aesthetics of wood without the same high maintenance requirements. Faux wood blinds are relatively easy to clean, but it will matter what kind of dirt they are exposed to. The basic steps for cleaning all kinds of vinyl mini blinds are:
- Begin by vacuuming the slats of the blinds to remove dust, cobwebs, and debris trapped in the slats. Position the blinds to face one direction, brush them, then switch them to the opposite direction.
- After vacuuming, dust the mini blinds slat by slat to ensure you get all the dirt. Remember to dust the frame, sill, and edges of the coverings. An upholstery brush or feather duster will do a good job with this.
- To remove dirt and accumulated grease from faux wood and other kinds of window blinds, use warm water and a little liquid detergent. Dip a sponge into the mildly soapy water, and wipe each slat individually.
- For extremely grimy faux wood and other blinds, remove them from the window, soak them in a tub full of soapy water, and then clean each slat with a soft cloth.
Neutral shades of mini blinds are common options for window coverings because they match an array of interior decor styles. All types of vinyl blinds are easy to work with in decorating. Remember that white actually comes in a number of hues for a variety of white tones, such as snowy, pristine, and antiqued. This means you can have a sleek, pulled together look on all the windows of your home.
Custom white mini blinds are appropriate when doing a monochromatic or minimalist theme. The plain style will not stand out glaringly from everything else in the room. Also, when you have dark-colored walls, cordless white blinds can brighten the atmosphere. They are also ideal for office spaces where light control is a big factor.