Vintage Cotton Tablecloths for Your Home
Choosing vintage tablecloths for your living spaces can add an element of fun. Vintage tablecloths set the ambiance of your kitchen, dining room, or even outdoor space whether you are entertaining or simply enjoying your home.Why choose cotton vintage tablecloths?
Cotton is a soft fabric, and it is good for vintage tablecloths as it can drape easily over your table. Choosing a vintage tablecloth is bringing a piece of history into your home, which makes it an excellent conversation starter. A cotton vintage tablecloth can also protect an heirloom dining set, cover a picnic table for an outdoor event, or change the atmosphere in your everyday dining. Not only does cotton look and feel great, but it's also machine washable.How to choose formal vintage tablecloths
- The colors for formal dining vintage tablecloths are ecru, ivory, or white. Napkins are available, and traditionally, they should match the color of the tablecloth.
- Patterns on the cloth and napkins are subtle and small.
- The overhang of the vintage tablecloth should be approximately 10 to 15 inches past the edge of the table, when used for a formal dinner party.
- All colors and patterns are available for informal tablecloths, giving you more design choices. Mixing colors of tablecloths, napkins, and placemats creates a fun and unique setting. The tablecloth supports all the design elements of dinnerware, glassware, flatware, and centerpieces.
- Using different fabrics and themes such as 1940's vintage tablecloths in bright gingham checks or square vintage tablecloths with patriotic patterns for the Fourth of July, can add visual interest to your decor.
- Vintage kitchen tablecloths can be found with florals, fruit, and other colorful patterns on the borders.
- There are so many choices for informal vintage tablecloths including patterned, striped, solids, and geometrics. You can't go wrong here in choosing colors and patterns that appeal to you.
- For buffet dining, the tablecloth drape can be to the floor since no one will be sitting at the table.
You can easily find vintage tablecloths for sale on eBay. You can choose a solid color tablecloth that matches your dinnerware, or you may choose a contrasting color to add interest to your daily place settings.
Another option to consider is layering. This involves putting a lace tablecloth over one that is a solid color, or a square cloth over a round cloth. If you aren't able to find the exact size you want, you can buy the next largest available size. The drape will be a bit longer, but it will still be a nice touch to your space.