Victoria's Secret Dresses for Women
Victoria's Secret got its start in 1977 in San Francisco when the store's founder, Roy Raymond, felt embarrassed shopping for lingerie for his wife. However, the store's namesake isn't Raymond's wife; Victoria's Secret is named after the United Kingdom's queen, Victoria. Victoria's Secret now sells a long list of PINK clothes for teens and young women, Victoria's Secret Angels underwear, makeup, Angels and PINK fragrances, and a variety of other VS products, including dresses and jeans.What kinds of dresses does Victoria’s Secret sell?
The company reduced some of the non-lingerie Victoria's Secret and PINK items sold in its stores in 2014. New dresses, including PINK, are only available online in limited editions, sleep, and loungewear.
- Victoria's Secret PINK dresses include skater dresses, sundresses, t-shirt dresses, club wear, and special-edition prom dresses.
- Classic VS and Angels fashion dresses include halter dresses, dresses with built-in cups, wrap dresses, tunics, and sweater dresses.
- Secret PINK maxi dresses come in loungewear and more formal date-night and work-suitable fashions.
- Secret PINK bra-top dresses come sized by band and cup size.
MODA International inspired looks at Victoria's Secret included European-inspired bras and panties, loungewear, dresses, skirts, and tops. The Euro-inspired clothes were sold in VS stores between 2009 and 2014.
- This style of dress included sleek, body-conscious club wear and loungewear halters and bra tops.
- The line included many versions of long-sleeved and sleeveless "Little Black Dresses."
- Knee-length work attire and sleek, long evening dresses are also sold as Victoria's Secret International.
Dresses by Victoria featured sleek body-conscious lines, summer cover-ups, and party dresses. Maxi dresses with cutouts, crossover bustlines, and backless looks are favorites for sexy evenings and events.
- Most Victoria's Secret dresses are made of synthetic materials.
- Victoria's Secret PINK choices range from a revealing mini-dress to a long-sleeved sweater or a tunic dress.
- Most dress choices are solid colors, including red, black, blue, green, pink, and turquoise.
- A few animal and floral prints can be found in PINK and Victoria's Secret dress looks.
A Victoria's Secret top, bottom, or dress will run slightly large. If you normally wear a size medium dress, you may be happy with a Victoria's Secret small. A fitted dress may be sized 2 to 12.
Victoria's Secret began selling dresses through its online catalog in 1998. You can also find dresses from the 1990s that were previously sold in stores. Sizing is mostly the same, even in these older models.