Important Facts to Know Before Shopping for Vandersteen Speakers
Home audio experts agree that the right speakers are essential to any quality home entertainment system. Vandersteen is a highly respected name in audio and has been making quality speakers and subwoofers for home use for years. If you are interested in shopping for inexpensive Vandersteen speakers on eBay, check out the following common questions to gain valuable information.What speaker styles does Vandersteen manufacture?
Speakers come in different varieties, each with a different functional purpose. Vandersteen makes a variety of speakers for a variety of sonic functions, such as those listed here:
- Tower speakers - These sit on the floor and are large enough to house multiple different speakers in an all-in-one housing.
- Bookshelf speakers - These are smaller versions, usually with a woofer and a tweeter. The compact design helps them blend into any room.
- Tweeters - Tweeters are rsponsible for the high frequencies in the sonic spectrum. They help provide sonic clarity to any mix.
- Woofers - These speakers transmit the midrange frequencies that carry a bulk of any sound's signal.
- Subs - Subs are non-directional and broadcast subsonic frequencies, giving audio a beefy low-end with no bleed.
Yes, they do. The tower Vandersteen speakers are made with a built-in crossover, an essential device. The crossover is adjustable and determines which frequencies are sent to the high-end speakers and which are sent to the sub. Without a crossover, the audio's sound can become muddy and distorted because low-end frequencies are being sent to speakers that aren't powerful enough to handle them. Most Vandersteen crossovers have a 12dB range for adjustment.How do they look?
One important aspect when choosing a speaker is its outer design. The last thing you want is an unsightly speaker being a distraction from the decor of your home. Vandersteen speakers come in both black and wood finishes, allowing you to get a matching speaker set that fits the style of your home while still providing quality. Subwoofers, towers, and bookshelf speakers all come in both finishes.Are there accessories available for the speakers?
Yes, there are. To improve the experience of using the speakers, there are some accessories available for purchase. The most commonly found one is a speaker stand. Stands are ideal for getting horns and tweeters up off the ground so that the high end can be broadcast effectively. Because subwoofers are nondirectional, it is not common to use a speaker stand with them.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Vandersteen.