Experience a Clean Sweep When Selecting Vacuum Parts and Accessories
When you enjoy the lightweight design of vacuum brands such as the Dirt Devil or depend on the technology built into brands such as Shark or Dyson machines, one thing is certain – you will have to purchase replacement parts and accessories at one time or another. Avoid the frustration from having to hunt down these products at local shops that may stock some brand parts and not others. With eBay, you will always find the right parts and accessories at the touch of your fingertips.
What vacuum accessories will help reduce allergens in home?
Particles around your home such as dust, mold spores and pet dander can trigger allergies and asthma attacks. Your vacuum cleaner can help keep these events to a minimum by reducing the amount of allergens found throughout the home. Some products you will want to consider for reducing allergens include the following:
- HEPA filters: Unlike bagless vacuums or standard filters, a HEPA filter traps allergens you remove with your vacuum so that they are not released back into the air.
- Pet tools: Pet tools such as motorized brush heads or rotating dust brush allows you to pick up the fine pet fur and dander that collects on surfaces around your home.
- Upholstery tools: Allergens are easily trapped in the tight-knit fibers of your upholstery or fabric surfaces. Using an upholstery tool will give you the ability to remove pet dander, odor-causing debris, and locked-in dirt from these fabrics.
- Crevice tools: Crevice tools for your vacuum give you the ability to reach into those thin spaces such as between couch cushions or along the walls of a room to remove dirt and debris that may be out of reach for standard vacuum hoses and floor tools to pick up.
Factors to consider when purchasing used vacuum parts and attachments
Replacement parts such as reusable HEPA filters, chargers, the battery and belts give you the ability to regain the use of your current vacuum cleaner without the need for replacement. There are some benefits to purchasing used vacuum parts and attachments. When doing so, you should consider certain factors such as the following:
- Compatibility: To ensure that you get the positive results from the replacement parts you purchase, compatibility is necessary. While this is an easy task when purchasing brand-name parts such as Hoover or Bissell for like-branded machines, there are some generic parts that are designed for their universal fit. Refer to your owner's manual when doing this.
- Cost: Used filters and other vacuum parts and attachments are often available for more affordable prices than new products.
- Condition: Know the condition of the replacement parts before purchasing to ensure that they are not worn or damaged.
How often should a tune-up be performed on a vacuum?
Tune-ups often include the replacement of components within your vacuum such as reasonably priced filters and belts. These types of services should be performed at least once a year to prevent unnecessary wear from occurring within the motor of your machine. Robotic vacuums such as the iRobot or Ecovacs may require servicing more often to ensure the programming components are operating properly.