What to Know about the Unlocked Apple iPad Air 2
When you want to be able to work, watch a show, or play a game without carting a heavy laptop around with you, a tablet may suffice. These streamlined devices have the same capabilities as traditional laptops, all without the size and the weight. Apple's iPad Air 2 is one option that may provide the features you want.What versions of the iPad Air 2 are available?
There are two versions of the iPad Air 2 that you can choose from depending on your needs. They are:
- Wi-Fi only - This Wi-Fi-capable device is able to tap into your existing wireless network or hot spots. This means that you do not need a service contract for this device.
- Cellular and Wi-Fi - This version of the iPad Air 2 is capable of using a 3G or LTE network to make and receive phone calls or texts in addition to being able to connect to Wi-Fi networks. Because unlocked devices are not connected to any particular cellular service, you can choose any of several providers. Note that the iPad Air 2 may be GSM-based or CDMA-based, and this will affect your choice of carrier network. See the manufacturer site for details.
This tablet measures about 9.45 inches by 6.67 inches. It is slim with a depth of 0.24 inches, allowing you to slip it into a purse or small bag. It has a 9.7-inch LED-backlit LCD touchscreen that supports 16 million colors. The multitouch screen has a resolution of 1536x2048 pixels. The display itself is protected by scratch-resistant glass that has an oleophobic coating, meaning it resists oils from your fingers that could cause fingerprints. See the manufacturer site for details.What hardware does the iPad Air 2 have?
The hardware allows this device to respond quickly. It includes:
- Operating system - This iPad runs on iOS 8.1; you can upgrade it to iOS 11.3 if you wish.
- Processors - The iPad Air has an Apple A8X chip set designed specifically for this device. It also has a triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon CPU and a dedicated PowerVR GXA6850 octa-core graphics processor.
- Memory - This iPad has several options when it comes to internal memory. Depending on your needs, you can opt for a tablet that has 16, 32, 64, or 128GB of memory. All versions have 2GB of RAM.
- Battery - This iPad has a nonremovable Li-Po 7340 mAh battery, which is designed to give you a long battery life.
This iPad offers a variety of features to help you be more productive. Some of these features include:
- Touch ID - The iPad has a fingerprint sensor that allows you to protect any essential information that you may have on your device.
- Entertainment - The device comes with SIRI, a video player, a music player, and a document viewer. It also has an audio, video, and photo editor.
- Camera - The primary camera has 8 megapixels and can shoot 1080p quality video in a variety of modes, such as HDR. The secondary 1.2-megapixel camera can shoot video at 720p quality. It can also be used for FaceTime over the internet or via the FaceTime-over-cellular app, depending on the model.