Frequently Asked Questions About Bluetooth Headsets
A Bluetooth headset is one that allows you to connect it wirelessly to other devices in order to interface with them. You may wish to use such a headset in conjunction with your computer to facilitate hands-free voice calling with friends and family. Understanding the types, color options, earpiece designs, and features of available headsets may help you find the product that suits your needs.Do Bluetooth headsets have travel features?
The precise features you get with your headset will depend on the model you choose. However, many of these devices can include some features that make them good options for travel. Some features that might be useful to you if you are on the go include:
- Foldable - Some of these products may have folding parts that allow you to carry or store them when you are moving from place to place or in tight quarters.
- Noise-cancellation or isolation - If you need to conduct a call in a noisy environment, noise-cancellation or isolation features may be able to help. Noise-cancellation will attempt to block out noises in your surroundings, while noise isolation will attempt to bring focus to the call.
- Rechargeable - A device with recharging capabilities may help you ensure that you have talk time available regardless of where or when you need to make a call.
While all of these items perform the basic function of giving you a way to talk hands-free, you can wear them on your head in different ways depending on the design you choose. Some common fit designs for these products include:
- Sunglasses - Some Bluetooth headsets are built-in to the frames of sunglasses.
- Head and neckbands - Bluetooth headsets in band form can wrap around your head or neck. The wrapping contains the electronic components, and you can adjust a small microphone on one side to send and receive calls.
- Ear hook - A hook attaches to your ear while remaining outside it. It may feature a small control panel to allow to adjust the volume and receive calls wirelessly.
- Beanie - Some models may be available in the form of beanie hats. These units have a built-in stereo speaker, microphone, and control panel on one side.
You may prefer a particular style of earphone for your convenience or comfort. Some common styles you may be able to find during your search include:
- Earbuds that go inside the canal
- Pads that sit on the outside of your head
- Cups that encompass the whole ear
You may wish to purchase a Bluetooth headset in a specific color palette. You can choose one in your favorite color or one that most closely matches your business attire so that it doesn't stand out during meetings. Some common colors include: