Under Armour makes sports and casual apparel that can be worn by men, women, or children. This American brand focuses on athletic wear that embrace technology to improve the wearer's comfort and/or performance. Along with apparel, Under Armour also manufactures athletic gear and shoes, including running shoes.How do you choose the right Under Armour shoes?
Under Armour makes shoes that are right for men, women, and children of many shapes and sizes. If you're overwhelmed by their wide selection of shoes for men or women, consider these criteria:
- Who are the shoes for? Under Armour makes running shoes for men, women, boys, and girls, and they offer a variety of options in each category.
- What sport will the shoes be worn for? Decide whether you need running shoes or those made for another sport. Options include shoes made for training, basketball, golf, hiking, and training. Shoes are also available for casual wear, including boots, sandals, and slides.
- What size of shoes do you need? First, find out the size shoes that will be needed by measuring the wearer's foot from toe to heel. Then, use a conversion chart, such as the one found on the Under Armour website, to find the right size. For men, shoes are available in U.S. sizes 7 through 16; for women, shoes are available in U.S. sizes 5 through 12; for kids, shoes are available in U.S. sizes 2 Kids to 7. Under Armour also makes shoes, including running shoes, in extra-wide sizes.
- What technology might be useful? Shoes by Under Armour are available with a variety of high-tech supports. These include Charged Cushioning, meant to provide shock absorption, and ClutchFit, which is designed to provide extra support. Both are Under Armour designs specially constructed to provide those features to the shoes.
There are a number of clothing options available from the Under Armour brand, and all are made for both athletic and everyday wear for men, women, and kids.
- Tops: The Under Armour brand offers sleeveless tank tops, short-sleeve shirts, long-sleeve shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, polo shirts, vests, jackets, graphic T-shirts, and undershirts. Along with these options for men and women, women and girls can also find sports bras for athletic support.
- Bottoms: For everyone, Under Armour offers shorts, pants, leggings, and tights. For men specifically, there are also board shorts and sweatpants. For women, Under Armour makes capris and cropped pants. Men, women, and boys can also find underwear made by the brand.
- Accessories: There are many options to choose from, including backpacks, hats, socks, sunglasses, belts, gloves, leg warmers, protective gear, and gloves. Under Armour also makes practical athletic equipment such as fitness devices, phone cases, and phone mounts.
- Fabric Technology: For some items of Under Armour clothing, a variety of high-tech fabrics are used in the manufacture of the items. These include clothes with built-in UPF 30+ sunblock; lightweight Thredborne materials; ColdGear Reactor materials, which helps athletes to regulate their temperature; CoolSwitch fabric, which cools down wearers; SuperVent, for improved air circulation; and Recovery Sleepwear, which supports healing while wearers sleep.