A Buyer's Guide to Choosing Ultra-Short Throw Home Theater Projectors
When you need to show a large image but you do not have a lot of space to set up the projector from a long distance, an ultra short throw projector is a wise choice. This type of equipment expands your ability to show movies, slides, videos, and other types of media in a small meeting room, your man cave, or your living room. On eBay, you can choose from a variety of new and used ultra-short throw projectors at affordable prices.What are the display technologies of ultra-short throw projectors?
The display technologies of ultra-short throw projectors include:
- LCD: This uses a fluorescent bulb to illuminate crystals on a glass panel. The options include traditional and tri-LCD.
- LED: This makes use of a perimeter or array of light emitting diodes to illuminate the display.
- DLP: This is "digital light processing," and it uses an optical micro electro-mechanical technology and a digital micro mirror device to create the display.
The available video and audio inputs on the new and used projectors include:
- Composite RCA: This allows you to get analog audio.
- HDMI: Use this to display video from the TV.
- S-video: This connects with a computer and uses the projector as the monitor.
- USB: It accepts input from a portable USB 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0 device.
- VGA D-Sub: This allows the projector to work with older televisions.
The features of the affordable ultra-short throw projectors on eBay include:
- Portable: They are small and lightweight. Some are designed to be pocket-sized.
- Built-in player: Some have built-in DVD or Blu-ray disc players.
- Built-in speakers: This amplifies the audio part of videos.
- Projection options: They may offer ceiling, wall, or tilt projection.
- Wireless: These connect to your Wi-Fi network for displaying media.
When you are shopping for an affordable ultra-short throw projector, consider its:
- Brand: Some of the options include BenQ, Epson, LG, Sony, and NEC.
- Resolution: The native resolution ranges from 800 by 480 pixels to 3,840 by 2,160 pixels.
- Image brightness: The range is less than 1,000 lumens to more than 7,000 lumens, and they are separated at 1,000 lumen intervals.
- Image aspect ratio: The options include 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10.
- Condition: Select from new, used, manufacturer's refurbished, or replacement parts.