Finding the UTV That Is Right for You
A Utility Task Vehicle or UTV is one of the many vehicles for your outdoor recreational desires. The vehicle is similar to an ATV in that it is a useful four-wheel off-road model, but the UTV includes proper seats and a steering wheel like what you would see in a truck.
The UTV is a true evolution over the traditional sport ATV. You can find many choices from Arctic Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, Kawasaki, John Deere, Honda, and Can-am among others. You will need to look at a few points when finding a useful model for your desires, but once you've found them, browse the offerings on eBay for a model that suits your preferences and your price point, coming in conditions from new to used to certified pre-owned.Review the Road Performance
Take a look at the performance standards on your utility vehicle. Several things can be noticed in a UTV:
- Drive. You can find a two-wheel drive feature that delivers power to the front or rear wheels. A four-wheel drive feature will administer power to all four wheels, thus providing extra control in off-road conditions.
- Steering functionality. Power steering is a welcome utility vehicle feature that adds extra force to the steering wheel to ensure you have more control while off-road.
- Suspension quality. An independent rear suspension may be included in a utility vehicle to allow the wheels to move up and down on their own based on surface changes. A rigid-axle suspension may also connect two rear wheels and will shift together on the road.
You can also find a utility vehicle that operates with either traditional gas or diesel fuel. The Kawasaki Mule is one vehicle that offers both engine choices, but what makes these two options so different?
- Gas - A traditional engine uses a spark for starting up the engine. It is easy to get such an engine started.
- Diesel - Compression is needed for igniting the fuel. It takes longer for diesel fuel to be utilized, although it also costs more on average.
A winch may be added to the back end of your sport UTV. The winch will work alongside a rope to secure anything you wish to tow. The design of the winch should be planned to where it works with your vehicle system. The unit may be rated to handle a certain trailer weight.Don't Forget the Accessories
You can find some appealing sport accessories for use with your UTV if you desire. These include such utility items as:
- Bumpers that provide you with absorbing features on each side and end of the vehicle to keep everything protected.
- Seat covers that may be useful if you plan on traveling on a trail or terrain with lots of mud or dirt all around.
- Mirrors that should be included on the sides to help you keep an eye out on your blind spots.
- A sound system or stereo that suits your entertainment desires.
Content is for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by any brands.