US Size 8.5 Sandals and Flip Flops for Women
Sandals and flip-flops use straps to hold the sole of the shoe onto the wearer's foot. Women's sandals have plenty of open space along the upper part of the shoe, and so they are lightweight and breathable. Depending on their design, sandals can be casual or formal footwear.What styles of sandals come in 8.5?
When shopping for size 8.5 sandals, you have many options available.
- Flip-flops: These have a single strap that goes between the toes. Some flip-flop styles have decorative beading or other designs along the strap.
- T-Strap: A T-strap has a toe strap that connects to an ankle strap.
- Gladiator: Gladiator styles have extra straps and tied parts around the ankle.
- Slides: Slides have a thick strap that goes over the top of the foot.
- Athletic: Athletic sandals have a thick tread and a padded sole.
- Wedges: The sole of a wedge is much thicker in the back, giving it a raised heel.
- Heels: Some women's shoes may have a high heel, ranging from 1 to 6 inches tall.
The complex shape of the foot can make it a little tricky to measure. Women can follow these steps to see if they'd fit a size 8.5 sandal.
- Stand on a piece of paper: To get an accurate measurement, place your foot flat onto a piece of paper on a flat surface.
- Trace your foot: Use a pen or pencil to trace the outline of your foot while you are putting your weight on that foot.
- Measure the outline: Measure from the longest toe to the farthest part of the heel on the outline.
- Compare to a size chart: A standard 8.5 foot will have a length of 9.7 inches. You can compare that with the size of the sandal you're considering.
There are many different materials involved in making shoes. The material you select may affect the style, color, shape, and feel of your sandals or flip-flops.
- Leather: Leather from sheep, cows, or other animals has a soft finish and slight stretch.
- Plastics: A variety of synthetic materials are used in sandals and flip flops. They sometimes have a rubbery finish or resemble other materials, like leather.
- Fabric: Fabric is frequently used for the straps along women's shoes.
- Cork: Cork shows up as a material in the footbed for certain types of sandals and flip-flops.
- Rope: Espadrilles are a sandal style that uses rope to create the sole.