Take to the Trails With Trek Road Racing Bikes
A Trek road bike may be what you need when you want to go racing or take to rougher trails. There are various styles to choose from to suit your needs. eBay offers a wide selection of affordably priced Trek road racing bikes to give you the ride you desire.Exploring the different types of bike frames
There are three different frame types for you to choose from, based on gender or preference. The height of the bike is usually the same, though there are differences in the seat height and the shape of the tube at the top. A men's frame fits a longer torso and has a shorter position on the seat and a horizontal tube at the top. A women's frame, with a higher seat, accommodates longer legs. Its tube is diagonal. A unisex frame is a cross between the gender-specific frames, with the tube at the top slightly angled.How do frame materials vary?
Some materials are lightweight, making it easier to pick up and carry the bike up hills and rough terrains. Other bikes are heavier to go faster downhill. Materials available on eBay include:
- Aluminum: Lightweight and affordable
- Carbon fiber: Lightweight and slightly more expensive
- Steel: Heavy and affordable
- Composite: Heavy and slightly more expensive
It's crucial to choose a Trek road bike that you can sit on comfortably. Your height correlates to the right size bike frame. The taller you are, the higher you want the bike frame to be, so your legs can reach the pedals comfortably without straining or having too much bend at the knee. The most common frame sizes are:
- 52 cm: Ideal for riders 5'3" to 5'6"
- 54 cm: Ideal for riders 5'6" to 5'9"
- 58 cm: Ideal for riders 5'9" to 6'0"
- 60 cm: Ideal for riders 6'1" and taller
It's critical to look at the brakes found on a Trek road bike. Some bikes are easier to replace or require less maintenance than others.
- Caliper: These brakes are light but can be hard to center properly.
- Cantilever: A cable pulls the arms to create a brake but can be prone to rim wear.
- V-Brakes: These are lightweight and manageable with simple maintenance.
- Disc brakes: Friction pads deliver a quick braking power, but pads may need replacing.