Save on Toy Soldiers
- Civil War Army Figure Playset Carrying Case Mat Playmat Toy Soldiers 102 Pieces$29.69Trending at $30.52
- Bombed Out Farm House for plastic soldiers army men ideal for 1/32 or 54mm$13.25Trending at $15.52
- THOMAS GUNN ROMAN EMPIRE ROM029B LEGIONNAIRE AUXILIARY WITH SWORD & SHIELD MIB$44.10Trending at $47.36
- German Grey King Tiger tank By BMC Toys (No Box)$9.99Trending at $15.52
- Conte Collectibles American Civil War Union Iron Brigade Plastic Soldiers Set 2$19.95Trending at $24.95
- 500 pcs Military Plastic Toy Soldiers Army Men 4cm Figures & Accessories Playset$27.43Trending at $29.99
- Action Figures Army Men Soldier Bucket Playset with Tanks, Planes, Flags & More!$19.39Trending at $20.29
- LOD Ron Barzso 60mm Robin Hood Sheriff's Men Figures$21.00Trending at $22.12
Hot This Week
- 100pcs/Pack Military Plastic Toy Soldiers Army Men Figures 12 Poses Gift DP$2.843 left
- Military Playset Plastic Toy Soldiers Army Men 9cm Figures & Accessories Toy$1.019 left
- Eaglemoss metal toy soldiers Napoleonic Wars Bat. Drummer of Life Guard 2,36" E7$11.9010 left
- Lot of 144 Green Plastic Mini Army Men 1" Inch Bulk Action Figures Toy Soldiers$7.0211 sold
- 72 pc - Army Men Toy Soldiers Military Gray Green Plastic Figurine Action Figure$6.9911 sold
- 2 pcs Military Round Bunker Blockhouse Plastic Toy Soldier Army Men Accessories$0.9911 sold
- 100PCS Military Plastic Toy Soldiers Army Men 3cm Figures Accessories Play Set$6.899 sold
- 2 pcs Military Round Bunker Blockhouse Plastic Toy Soldier Army Men Accessories$1.898 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Make an Offer
- Britains 17955 American Revolution British marching #1 54 mm figure$15.50+$5.00 shippingMake Offer
- Mars 32011 1/32 scale Modern US Delta Force toy soldiers 15 in 8 poses$22.50+$8.00 shippingMake Offer
- KING & COUNTRY TOY SOLDIERS BATTLE OF THE BRIDGE ARNHEM LIMITED$124.99+$6.00 shippingMake Offer
- MARX reissued toy soldiers WWII German seated figures x 10, 54mm$8.95+$3.96 shippingMake Offer
- Marx Toy Company WWII Army Men 1960's Stretcher Bearers Wounded Soldiers Marx$14.95+$3.00 shippingMake Offer
How Are Toy Soldiers Made?
Over the years, companies have produced plastic, wood, and metal toy soldiers. One of the most common styles is army men, the inexpensive, unpainted, molded plastic mini figures. Composition soldiers consist of a combination of sawdust and glue. Dimestore toys are cast in iron. Hollowcast toys are formed using a molding method that uses a lead alloy and results in a hollow figure. There are even paper soldiers, which are printed images mounted on wooden blocks. Modern collectible soldiers are cast metal and painted by hand to a high standard for display purposes.
What Are The Scale Sizes For Toy Soldiers?
One of the most common toy soldier scales is 1:32, popularized by the British toymaker W. Britain. American dimestore figures, sold individually at five and dime stores from the 1920s to the 1950s, are slightly larger, at 1:24 scale. For wargamers and roleplayers, model sizes range from 20 mm (0.78 inch) to 35 mm (1.37 inch); however, it is sometimes difficult to judge the size based on the advertised scale, as different companies use different measuring methods. For example, some companies measure height from feet to eyes, rather than from feet to the top of the head. ""Heroic scale"" is a term used by gamers to describe miniatures designed for 28 mm (1.1 inch) scale, but which are larger than 28 mm and represent important figures such as heroes.
What Games Can You Play With Toy Soldiers?
Besides imaginative games, many companies produce war games and roleplaying games that allow people to use toy soldiers within a framework of rules to have epic adventures or large-scale wars on the living room floor. The idea of using toy soldiers in games dates back to 1913, when H.G. Wells published "Little Wars", a set of guidelines for playing war games. This book is the forerunner of modern wargaming.