Shop by Category
Shop by Region
Hot This Week
- WALT DISNEY CARTOON - 30 Different Stamps **MNH** (Lot 5) + FREE SHIPPING !!!$2.996 left
- WALT DISNEY CARTOON - 30 Different Stamps **MNH** (Lot 2) + FREE SHIPPING !!!$2.997 left
- Martin Luther John Calvin Reformation Protestantism Ivory Coast MNH stamp set$17.007 left
- WALT DISNEY CARTOON - 30 Different Stamps **MNH** (Lot 7) + FREE SHIPPING !!!$2.999 left
- CHAD TCHAD 2001 Nice Vincent Van Gogh Art Paintings 300F Perf MNH 3XSheets[D333]$2.5010 sold
- ST THOMAS TOME Prince 1980 1st Day Used Maxi Cards Space Moon (5 Items) [D367]$1.506 sold
- ST THOMAS 1983 Aviation Zeppelin SET 1st Day Used on Maxi Cards (8Items) [D359]$2.245 sold
- ST THOMAS & PRINCE Is. 1979 AIR SPACE SET FDC Used on Maxi Cards (6 Items)[D351]$1.505 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You May Also Like
Make an Offer
- Saint Vincent Grenada - The Three Stooges Sheet Of 9 Stamps$6.68Free shippingMake Offer
What Is The Difference Between Topical Stamps And Other Stamps?
The difference lies in the themed nature of topical stamp collections. Various countries around the world issue more than 10,000 stamps every year to appeal to the preferences of collectors, and those collectors often focus on certain themes when collecting. Animals, historical figures, major events, sports, and space travel are a few of the most popular topical stamp series and collections.
What Are Some Handy Tools To Use With A Stamp Collection?
Stamp collectors use tools for handling stamps as well as for inspecting them and verifying their authenticity and characteristics. Stamp tongs allow collectors to handle stamps without direct skin contact so that oils and dirt on the hands do not damage delicate stamps. Stock books and albums are essential for safe stamp storage. Magnifying glasses help collectors detect small details and differences, and specialized tools such as perforation gauges and watermark detectors focus on very specific details on the stamps.
Are Used Or Unused Stamps Worth More?
Many unused stamps qualify as mint condition. In unhinged condition with the original adhesive intact on the back, these stamps have the highest catalog values. Collectors refer to used stamps as "cancels." They are worth less, but collectors still seek them out for their history and character. Some collectors prefer cancels because of the interesting postmarks they bear.