Tommy Bahama Hawaiian 100 Silk Casual Shirts for Men
Tommy Bahama makes one believe that life is just one long weekend by offering looks inspired by the holidays. Their casual shirts for men are both refined and relaxed. By wearing one of the shirts, you can bring island attitude into your everyday life and feel good about yourself in general. In fact, the clothing line acquired its name by a fictional character Tommy Bahama who lives a life of leisure.
What are the Characteristics of Tommy Bahama Hawaiian Shirts?
On the outlook, it may seem that all Hawaiian shirts (or aloha shirts) are basically the same. Most of them have images of tropical islands, palm trees, toucan, or pineapples on them. However, the founders of the company aimed Tommy Bahama to be slightly more luxurious.
- 100 percent silk: The luxuriousness of Tommy Bahama shirts lies in its material choice. 100 percent silk feels cool on the skin on a hot summer day, so you do not sweat too much.
- Shirt style: The look of these shirts is that of a classic aloha shirt: buttons at the front and short sleeves.
- Shirt patterns: The Tommy Bahama shirts make the best use of the classic Hawaiian shirt patterns. Thus, most of them have floral patterns on them. However, the color schemes are slightly more modest than those of typical Hawaiian shirts. Therefore, a shirt from Tommy Bahama looks more sophisticated.
How Can I Choose the Right Size?
Sizing is crucial if you want the shirt to look classy on you. An oversized floral shirt is the last thing that would make you look glamorous. However, a fitted Tommy Bahama shirt may make you look like a millionaire enjoying his leisure time.
- Measure yourself: Before starting to look for that perfect Hawaiian shirt or any other piece of clothing, you should measure yourself carefully. You could also ask a professional or your friend do it for you. Measure the circumference of your chest and neck as well as the desired length of the shirt. Tommy Bahama shirts can be elegant only if they are of the correct length, so make sure they cover your navel. This is especially crucial if you are tall.
- Update the measurements: Measure yourself about once a year to ensure that the measurements are up to date.
- Consult the sizing chart: Although you could usually wear a medium-sized shirt, the sizes vary significantly from company to company. A medium-sized aloha shirt that you already own could equal a small or large Tommy Bahama. Therefore, study the sizing charts and compare the numbers with your measuring results. It is safer to buy a shirt that is an inch wider, so it would not tear once you put it on.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Tommy Bahama.