Everything You Need to Know About Choosing a Technics SA 500 Stereo Receiver
A quality stereo receiver allows you to connect all your home audio equipment to a television or stereo. The right stereo receiver delivers high-quality sound across all the frequencies and makes it easy for you to customize your listening experience. On eBay, you can choose from a variety of new and used Technics SA 500 stereo receivers with different features and affordable prices.What are some features of a Technics SA 500 receiver?
Some of the features of a new or used Technics SA 500 receiver are:
- Lit display: The power level and the band of tuning are both lit by lamps within the receiver.
- Ventilation: The receiver offers grids for ventilation on the top, sides, back, and bottom of the housing.
- Recording mode: A separate toggle switch controls the receivers ability to be in recording mode.
- Speaker-protection fuses: The back of the receiver has speaker-protection fuses in order to prevent an electrical overload to the speakers.
The audio-control filters on the Technics SA 500 stereo receivers include:
- Bass: Tune out the bass or increase the power and volume of the bass notes.
- Treble: Tune out the high notes or amplify them.
- Loudness: This controls the loudness on the frequency that you set.
- Volume: Control the volume output to the speakers and subwoofer.
- Balance: Shift the balance more to the left speaker, more to the right, or keep it in stereo evenly across all speakers.
The compatibility options of a new or used Technics SA 500 receiver include:
- Speakers: The receiver works with left, right, and center speakers.
- Turntable: The receiver accepts input from a turntable.
- Subwoofer: A subwoofer can be connected to the audio output on the back.
- Headphones: The front of the receiver has a headphones jack.
- Cassette player: The receiver accepts input from a cassette player.
When you are shopping for a durable Technics SA 500 on eBay, consider its:
- Color: The options include silver, brown, and gold.
- Type: Select the entire receiver or parts, such as a face plate, replacement knobs, and wiring.
- Display: Choose an analog or LCD type.
- Housing style: Select an all-metal housing or a laminate-and-metal housing.
- Condition: Choose from new, used, manufacturers refurbished, or parts-only units.