Saturn Vue Taillights
On your Saturn Vue, the two taillights that are installed in the rear of the compact SUV help to keep you safe while you drive, especially if you are on the road at night. Because taillights are a major safety component, all vehicles, no matter the make or model, are required to have working lights in order to be road-legal. If you find that you need to replace your taillights, you may have a number of different options available to you.What do the different components of a taillight do?
There are three main components that make up a taillight assembly. These components include:
- Housing: The taillight housing is the part that holds the other components together. It determines what shape the lights will have and protects the connections that allow the parts to light up.
- Bulb: These components are what actually provide light when your vehicle is turned on. In some cases, the bulbs may be clear or they may be tinted the color of the light.
- Lens: This component refers to the plastic or acrylic shell. Usually the lens is tinted red or orange so that when the bulb lights up, the light that is cast is either red or orange. For some styles of taillights, the lens itself may actually be clear.
These lights use incandescent bulbs to illuminate the back end of your Saturn. They can be burned at high temperatures to produce a bright light. These bulbs have a filament inside that contains tungsten and a small amount of halogen gas. When you turn the light on, the tungsten evaporates. When the light is turned off, the tungsten is deposited back onto the filament. This halogen cycle gives the bulb a lifespan of up to around 1,000 hours before you need to replace it.What are the benefits of LED taillights?
There are many advantages to choosing LED taillights for your Vue, including:
- Waterproof: Taillights that use LEDs are sealed, meaning they are completely waterproof. This makes them useful for those who regularly drive in wet conditions.
- Shock and corrosion resistant: Because LEDs use solid state technology, there are no moving parts that can be damaged due to shocks or corrosion.
- Long lifespan: You can expect LEDs to last about 30,000 hours before they need to be replaced.
- Energy efficiency: These lights use less electricity. This can help you save your car battery or alternator.
- Smaller bulb: Since they take up less space, LED taillights usually use a cluster of bulbs. This makes your taillights look brighter and gives the back end of your Saturn Vue a unique appearance.