Taillights for Lexus ES300
Give your luxury car plenty of room to stretch out by making sure that your taillights are in working order. Properly functioning taillights are not only a practical concern, as they also accentuate the smooth curves of your luxury sedan. Delve into this exhaustive collection of taillights for the Lexus ES300 model to find the brake indicators that complement your Lexus.What types of taillights are there for the ES300?
The two types of lighting technologies usually used in taillights for the ES300 are incandescent bulbs and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Incandescent bulbs consist of a metallic filament contained in glass housing and are simple to install. LEDs are composed of semiconductor materials like gallium phosphide and are rated to last an incredible 50,000 hours. Installing LED taillights can sometimes be as simple as switching out a bulb but often consists of replacing the entire taillight assembly through a conversion kit.How do you install new taillight assemblies?
When replacing a cracked lens or switching to LED taillights, it is usually necessary to remove one or both of the assemblies in your Lexus sedan. Since the taillights in the ES300 are split along the trunk line, this is a relatively complex process requiring basic shop tools and around an hour to replace all four parts. Follow these simple instructions to remove the old taillights from your Lexus and get started with something new:
- Turn off the engine and pick a side to start with if replacing both assemblies. Open the trunk and remove the cover panel in the corner to access the outer taillight assembly.
- Remove the bolts that secure the assembly to free the taillight from the vehicle. Disconnect the electrical harness, discard the old assembly, and position the new assembly into place.
- Connect the electrical harness to the new taillight assembly, push the assembly into the cavity, and secure it with the bolts.
- Remove the rivets holding the trunk hatch lining in place, and pull back the lining to expose the inner taillight assembly. Remove the bolts holding the assembly in place and disconnect the electrical harness.
- Discard the old assembly, and position the new taillight into place. Insert the bolts, connect the electrical assembly, and replace the trunk liner to complete installation. Repeat these steps for the opposite side if necessary.
Since taillight assemblies for Lexus vehicles are generally composed of only a plastic housing and one or more incandescent bulbs, no special procedure is required for disposing of these discarded car parts. It is, however, important to take the same precautions when throwing away old taillight assemblies that are usually observed when disposing of incandescent light bulbs since glass can pose a safety hazard to sanitation workers.