Kia Forte Tail Lights
Far more than a simple safety precaution, the correct taillights make your Kia shine in more ways than one. Regardless of the reason for replacing your taillights, you can find the replacement Kia Forte tail lights that suitably complement the smooth lines of your compact car regardless of the model.What types of taillights are available for the Kia Forte?
The two types of lighting technologies available for the Kia Forte model are high-intensity discharge, or HID, bulbs and light-emitting diodes, or LEDs. HID bulbs are the conventional choice and make use of a steady gas discharge within a glass housing to create an electrical arc between two tungsten diodes. HID bulbs are rated to last between 1,000 and 2,000 hours of use. LEDs are a futuristic innovation that take up hardly any space and use a tiny amount of electricity. These tiny diodes can be packed into almost any shape imaginable and are rated to last an incredible 50,000 hours.How do you replace the taillight assemblies in a Forte?
Whether you’re replacing a cracked lens or getting started with some LED upgrades, it’s often necessary to replace one or both of the taillight assemblies in your Kia Forte sedan. This process involves several steps.
- Turn off the engine of the Forte and open the trunk. Pick a side to start with and remove the panel in the trunk lining to expose the taillight assembly.
- Remove both bolts with a socket wrench to free the assembly from the vehicle. Disconnect the electrical harness and connect it to the new assembly. Pop the new assembly into the cavity and secure it with the bolts.
- Remove the rivets securing the liner to the trunk door. Pull the liner back to reveal the second half of the assembly and remove the bolts with a socket wrench to free the assembly from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical harness and connect it to the new assembly. Insert the assembly into the cavity and secure it with the bolts.
- Replace the trunk liner and repeat these steps for the opposite side to complete installation.
The proper functioning of the 3rd brake light, also called the center high-mount stop light that is equipped in your Kia Forte model is an essential safety component. This crucial component relays that you are slowing down to vehicles behind you that may not be able to see your taillights. Replacing a burned out third brake light bulb is easy.
- Open the trunk and locate the third brake-light assembly.
- Reach in and remove the bulb socket by turning it counter clockwise.
- Gently pull out the old bulb and insert the replacement.
- Re-insert the bulb socket into the assembly by turning it clockwise.