Ford F-250 Tail Lights
Ensure that other drivers can see your vehicle clearly with these replacement tail lights for the Ford F-250. Often overlooked, yet vital to street safety, properly functioning tail lights not only signal your truck's movement to other drivers, they also show your unique style as a driver. You can find the tail lights you want for your F-250 with a comprehensive collection of options available.What are benefits of smoked tail lights for your F-250?
Smoked tail lights take your brake lights from functional to fashionable. Rather than displaying the typical clear bright red of your average tail lights, these upgrades for your vehicle's back end are tinted to emit a subdued glow when on the road. Registering as a darker red than average tail lights, smoked tail lights clearly demonstrate your style as a Ford driver.How do you replace an F-250 truck tail light assembly?
While the exact method varies slightly depending on the specific trim level and year of your F-250, replacing the tail light assembly on your Ford is an easy task that should take about half an hour to complete. Following these simple steps will ensure your rig is up to spec and ready to hit the road:
- Turn off the engine and lower the tailgate door.
- Remove the access bolts on the side of the tail light assembly.
- Push down the retaining clip and pull the tail light assembly away from the truck.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the old assembly.
- Connect the new assembly, fit it into the truck, and reinstall the access bolts to complete installation.
LED lighting is a technology that many Ford owners are choosing as a replacement or upgrade to their conventional vehicle lighting. LED light bulbs, called diodes, are incredibly energy efficient, take up very little space, and are long-lasting. LED diodes are rated to last up to 50,000 hours. That's over five years of continuous use. LED tail lights are also significantly brighter than conventional options, contributing to greater safety on the road.How do you change the Ford F-250 third brake light?
Also known as a center high mount stop lamp, the third brake light located near the roof of your Ford is designed to give a clear indication of brake use to drivers behind you even when your tail lights are obstructed from view. These additional brake lights have been required by law since 1986 and are an important safety feature. Here's how to replace this vital part of your Ford F-250:
- Locate the third brake light housing above the rear window of your cab.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the connecting screws on both sides.
- Pull the housing away from the cab and remove the light bulb socket from the housing.
- Remove the old bulb and install the replacement.
- Return the socket to the housing and re-attach to the cab with the original screws.