Experience Glamour by Serving Your Meal on Syracuse China
The first Syracuse China was made by the Onondaga Pottery Company in 1888, and soon travelers eating high-end meals on trains or in hotels were dining on it. From then until 2009, workers in Syracuse, New York, made the products, and workers in China are still making Syracuse pieces. You can enjoy your meal on affordable Syracuse China when you shop for it on eBay.Syracuse China patterns
You may be able to find many patterns from the Syracuse China company on eBay, including:
- Sherwood - This pattern produced from 1946 to 1967 has two-prong blue laurel flowers on them with little gold stems. The outside and inside of most serving pieces have a gold line.
- Suzanne - This pattern produced between 1949 and 1970 has small colors in various colors on them. The inside and outside of most pieces have a small gold line.
- Victoria - This pattern produced between 1949 and 1970 has six small roses around the rim of the plates and a larger rose in the middle.
- Wedding Ring- These white pieces produced from 1961 to 1970 have arched platinum lines around the edge.
- Meadow Breeze - This pattern has a solid wide blue rim and a blue and black floral design in the middle.
The first products made by Syracuse China Company were earthenware tableware. You will find this line marked stamped O.P.Co. on the back, and this line was discontinued in 1897. You may also find pieces marked Round Edge on their back. These pieces are heavier than regular china. When shopping for Syracuse China on eBay, you can discover translucent china dating from 1926 to the company's closure. You may also see off-white clay dinnerware labeled Old Ivory on the back along with a tan color clay tableware that they labeled Adobe. Starting in 1933, you can find pieces labeled Eco-Rim. These pieces have a narrower rim, so they fit on smaller tables. You may also find vitrified china marked Syracuse China of Canada. These pieces were made between 1959 and 1994.What makes a Syracuse China place setting?
A typical new or used Syracuse china place setting usually consists of a saucer and cup. The cup may be footed or unfooted. It also contains a dinner plate that is between 9 and 11 inches wide. Each place setting has a salad plate that is between 6 and 8 inches wide. They also include a bread and butter plate that is between 5 and 7 inches wide.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Syracuse China.