Swagelok provides products for different industries that include oil and gas, power, chemical, and petrochemical. The company designs tube fittings and tube adapters that are used in various types of connections such as high-pressure environments and vacuums. Swagelok fittings vary in material, configuration, and design, which makes them suitable for many specific roles.What are some of the fittings from Swagelok?
When selecting fittings for your connections, you must know which type of product corresponds to the task at hand. Some of the Swagelok fittings and adapters you can buy include:
- Vacuum: These flanged components are structured to form a complete envelope when they are assembled. For plastic, metal, or glass tubing, Swagelok provides O-ring seals. The nut is knurled to ensure that the parts close in on the piping tightly.
- Dielectric: These tube fittings are used when connecting two pipes of dissimilar compounds like iron and copper. The dielectric union is meant to prevent galvanization, which can occur when soldering material of different types. Swagelok makes its dielectric fittings with molded thermoplastic insulation.
- Pipe: These devices link straight tubing and pipes for different applications such as fluid flow. The internal surface of a pipe fitting is burr-free while the thread flanks are smooth.
- Weld: These are used in high purity and industrial applications. Swagelok has them in a variety of choices such as butt, socket, and subsea welding fittings, among others.
- Biopharm: These fittings are used in the biopharmaceutical industry, which requires specialty products. The devices are designed without gasket extrusions to prevent fluid from being held up during transfer.
Tubing is critical in all types of connections from the most basic like a faucet to the extremely complex like an industrial gas system. You have to consider several variables when deciding which tubing is the right pick for a particular fitting.
- Material: Tubing is made from carbon steel, copper, and stainless steel. Each of these has different properties, which will influence the compatibility of tubing with certain fittings. One rule to observe is that the tubing must be softer than the fitting.
- Wall thickness: The thickness of the tubing walls will determine the amount of pressure it can accommodate. High-pressure tube fittings, for instance, require tubing with thick walls.
- Function: Tubing can be for fluid transport, electrical sheathing or structural applications. The purpose of the tubing will determine the devices to work with. Swagelok tube fittings, for example, are for structural applications.
Yes, ASME handles the standardization of fittings, valves flanges, and gaskets. When selecting fittings, ensure that they meet the B16 standards by ASME. Different regulations apply to various products such as B16.3, 16.5 and B 16.9 for malleable iron threaded, flanged, and buttwelded fittings respectively. Check the standards that apply to specific devices beforehand. Standardization can also be specific to particular applications, meaning that the fittings have to meet certain configurations like temperature and pressure ratings to be used in specialty applications such as transporting corrosive chemicals. Understand all the safety regulations to determine the suitability of Swagelok fittings.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Swagelok.