Find Out More About 4 Channel Digital Video Recorders
As part of a home or business security system, channel digital video recorders (DVRs) are easy to set up and make viewing your surveillance video easy across a variety of devices. With generous storage space, they record continuously with a selection of intuitive features. Resistant to weather and offering wide-angle views, the recorder is an integral part of your safety surveillance plan.What 4 channel digital video recorders are available?
There is a variety of units available, including the following features and options:
- Applications: Options include dash DVR, hidden/nanny DVR, and security DVR.
- Brands: Choose from Dahua, Hikvision, KKMOON, Samsung, and Swann. There are also generic, unbranded units available.
- Camera features: Options available are audio recording, dual lens, HDMI port, microphone, mobile phone access, motion activated/detection, night vision, live recording, and more.
- Resolution: Options include 2160p, 1080p, 1080i, and 720p.
- Hard Drive Capacity: Options include less than 100 GB, 100-249 GB, 500-749 GB, and 1-4 TB.
The systems are used around a residence or business for surveillance for security reasons. The system is made up of a set of closed-circuit cameras that are connected to the DVR. The cameras record digital videos and store them in the DVR, or the footage is watched in real-time via computer, TV, smartphone, and more. Often, other features are available like motion detection, night vision, and more. The footage is stored as individual files, which makes searching for specific items easier to find.What are the advantages of using a DVR security system?
- Compatibility: If you need to upgrade an existing CCTV system to a digital format, these units offer a great way to do that. They offer some improved viewing advantages and other features.
- High Definition: Many of the units offer HD, which gives rich details for things you want to see such as faces, cars, license plates, and other identifying information.
- Network Free: The system is hard-wired with no network connection used or required or with exclusive connections for remote viewing.
- Night Vision: Units with this feature can let you see up to 150 feet in ambient light and 100 feet in complete darkness.
- Remote Viewing: Review your footage when you're away on mobile devices, computers, laptops, and more.
- Security: With an exclusive connection setup, many devices use 128-bit encryption to keep your files private and secure.