Honda Accord Sun Visors
Sun visors are essential parts in any car as they shield the driver's or passengers' eyes from the sunlight coming through the windshield. Purchasing a sun visor replacement for your Honda Accord is a smart choice when your old visor becomes worn down or damaged.How do you choose a replacement visor for an Accord?
Finding the right sun visors for your Honda Accord may be fun with the variety of models available. However, considering important details about your vehicle beforehand will enable you to make an informed decision as well. By following these steps, you can determine the window visors you need, install your replacements, and get back on the road.
- Know your Honda vehicle details. The proper size of the window visor depends on the model and year of your Accord. To find this information, check the vehicle’s title and registration or the inside jamb of the driver’s side door. Keeping these details in mind will give you an idea of the fit and size of the visor you need.
- Figure out the type you need. Consider any additional features you are looking for in a replacement. Some window visors include a vanity mirror that lights up when opened. Others have an extension that can be pulled out to block the sun from more awkward angles.
- Choose a color. Think about the color that would suit the interior of your Accord. If you cannot find the same visor as the original one, consider finding a window visor that is similar in color and features. Deciding on a specific color will help you find a replacement that works and fits well inside your car.
In order to get started, you will need a screwdriver to remove the old Honda visor and replace it with the new one. Depending on the types of screws used to hold the visor in place, you should use a flat-head or Phillips-head screwdriver.
How to remove a sun visor:
- Unhook the visor by pulling it downward, then turning it to the side, against the window. Use the screwdriver to remove the main assembly cover. This cover is the area that attaches the visor to the car ceiling. To remove the cover, slide the screwdriver under it. Move the screwdriver around until the cover becomes loose and you see the main assembly screws.
- Use the screwdriver to remove the screws. These screws secure the visor in place.
- Pull the visor out of the main assembly after all the screws are removed.
How to install a sun visor:
- Push the stem of the replacement visor into the sun visor assembly.
- Reinsert the screws in the placement holes of the visor, and use the screwdriver to tighten them.
- Carefully insert the assembly cover into place.
- Test the sun visor manually to ensure it is secure and has complete motion.