Warmer weather brings a welcome break from the winter blues and is a sure sign that summer is on the way. There is no better way to celebrate summer than to pick up a few summer dresses to add to your wardrobe. From sexy summer dresses to girls' summer dresses, there are styles and colors to fit any summer month.
What styles of dresses are popular for summer?
- Shift Dresses - Shift dresses are popular choices for summer because they hang loosely from the shoulders and are short in length. A white summer dress in this style is comfortable and has a timeless retro style that women adore.
- T-shirt Dresses - Cool and casual is what T-shirt dresses are all about. Summer dresses for women in the T-shirt style come in a variety of colors and fabric choices. Choosing material that are not clingy allows women to move move effortlessly and look flawless at the same time.
- Skater Dresses - Girls' summer dresses shopping lists often include skater summer dresses. This type of summer dress is available to women as well who enjoy the bold patterns and stylish short dress appeal.
- Maxi Dresses - Summer maxi dresses are a hot item for summertime parties. These summer dresses come in cool fabrics that are easy and comfortable to wear even on the warmest summer days.
What types of fabric choices are cool enough for summer dresses?
- Cotton - Besides being lightweight, cotton is loved for its breathability. Cotton fibers wick moisture away from the skin so you can chill out next to the pool in a cotton summer dress and stay cooler in hot and humid weather.
- Linen - Linen is perhaps one of the coolest fabrics known to exist which is why linen summer dresses tend to be seen everywhere in hot climates. Summer dresses made from this natural fiber have a looser weave than some other synthetic fabrics so the body stays cooler with less effort.
- Rayon - Women who live in summer climates that have a dry heat, tend to flock towards summer dresses that use rayon fabric. This fabric is lightweight and has a breathability that helps to ease the heat of those dog days of summer.
What are popular colors for summer dresses?
- Neutrals - One of the most popular neutral color choices for summer dresses is white. Even though white summer dresses can sometimes be hard to keep clean, the cooler feel of the dress is usually worth the risk. Browns and other neutral summer dress colors look great for any occasion.
- Brights - Bright colors look vibrant and can be real attention grabbers. Yellow summer dresses are attractive choices for women who have warm skin tones. Yellow, pink, purple, and blue summer dresses have a summertime feel color and these dresses come in a variety of attractive hues.
- Darks - Dark summer dress colors are always in style because they are easy to wear in almost any setting. Black summer dresses choices are popular because this color flatters almost any body shape. Many dark summer dresses tend to also have the ability to make the body look slimmer.