Suede Boots for Men
Suede is made from the underside of a lamb's, sheep's, cow's, or goat's skin. Because suede lacks the tougher exterior layer of skin, it is softer than leather, which is made from the exterior layer. Suede is a pliable material, which allows it to be used in a variety of styles of black or brown boots for men.What styles of men's boots are made of suede?
- Work and safety: Work and safety boots made of suede often have a steel panel around the toe of the boot. This piece of steel helps to protect your foot from impact injuries at job sites.
- Cowboy and western: A cowboy or western style of boot for men offers decorative stitching on the leg portion of the boot. The boot may also have decorative leather tassels, rhinestones, or other special effects. A motorcycle riding boot is similar to a pair of cowboy boots, but it often has a suede interior and a leather exterior for enhanced resistance to stains and moisture.
- Hiking and winter: Hiking shoes and winter boots made of suede feature an interior liner. The liner of the boots, which may be made of fleece, wool, or more suede, functions to dissipate moisture and retain body heat.
- Buckled straps or zippers: Buckles are both decorative and functional when installed onto boots. The buckles are made of metal such as steel, steel alloy, or copper. Buckling fasteners include a strap to keep the boot securely on your foot. Some ankle boots made of suede feature a short zipper on the interior side of the boot. The zipper is usually made of metal that resists corrosion when exposed to road salt and other chemicals.
- Laces: Laces are the traditional way to keep a pair of leather boots securely in place on your feet and legs. The brown or black laces are often made of leather and have a plastic or metal cap on the end so that the woven fabric does not fray.
- Hook and loop tape: Hook and loop tape, which goes under the brand name of Velcro, may also be used to secure a boot to your foot. The hook and loop tape is sewn onto the boot with a coordinating brown or black thread that is strong enough for daily use.
The measurement of boot that you need is usually the same size as the shoes that you wear. It is important to take into account the function of the footwear. If you will wear thick socks inside of the boot, you may need to choose the next bigger pair in order to have enough room for your toes. To measure your foot for a pair of suede leather hiking shoes or winter boots, wear some thick wool socks and then get your foot measurement in inches. Multiply this number by three and subtract 24. This is the size you need.