How do you operate a string trimmer? How do you take care of the string trimmer?
A string trimmer, also referred to as a weed-whip, weed eater, or weed whacker, is a grass-cutting tool that uses a flexible monofilament line instead of a blade. The string trimmer is used to cut grass, weeds, or any other plants near objects and houses. It is comprised of an engine and a long shaft with a handle and a cutting tip at the end of the shaft.
The operating procedures vary from one trimmer to the other. It is advisable that you follow the supplied instructions from the manufacturer's manual. However, whether you are using an electric, gas-powered, corded, or cordless string trimmer, the tips below will make your work easier.
- Allow the tip of the trimmer line to do the work: To prevent the trimmer from stalling, cut thick and tall grass in small, easy-to-manage sections. Heavy cuts strain the machine whether you're using a cordless string trimmer or gas-powered one.
- Look out for decorative plants: To avoid trimming decorative and monumental plants and trees, use low power while working near them.
- Know when you need to advance the line as it wears: When using an automatic-feed trimmer, the spool releases the line as needed, so you won't have to worry about releasing it yourself. Bump-spool trimmers require you to tap the bump spool on the ground to feed out a new line.
- Have a replacement line on the ready: As you work, you will eventually need to replace the trimmer line. Make sure you have an extra line on hand to avoid stopping in the middle of your job to visit the store. You can replace the line with a new one by winding it yourself or buy a pre-wound one that replaces the empty cartridge.
Taking proper care of your trimmer will keep it running for years. To make sure your tool lasts a long time, follow these simple steps.
- Clean up after every use: After every trimming job with your cordless or gas trimmers, clean off clippings and dirt from your edger and trimmer tip with a brush. Avoid spraying the unit with chemical cleaners or water as it may damage or rust the engine.
- Allow the trimmer engine to cool down before storage: Before putting the tool back into storage, make sure it cools down first. Keep it in a dry place and out of children’s reach. Remove any attachment before locking it up.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products. Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about eBay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
- Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
- Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
- Ship it back: You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
- Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
- Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
- Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
- We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
- Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
- Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
- We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.