Decorate Your Home with Steuben Art Glass
Since 1903, people have been decorating their homes with Steuben art glass. During that time, the company has produced more than 7,000 shapes of art glass in 104 different colors. While workers have created minimal pieces of Steuben Art Glass since 2011, when Steuben's Corning factory and Manhattan store closed, you can still find antique and vintage Steuben glass by shopping on eBay.Types of Steuben Art Glass products
You can find many different types of products made with Steuben Art Glass, including:
- Desk accessories - American flags, Chinese zodiac signs, scales of justice, and many other shapes are available for decorating your desk.
- Hand coolers - Lions, monkeys, deer, fish, and bird species including pelicans and lovebirds are available to hold in your hands to keep them cooler.
- Stem and barware - Many different types of stemware, including champagne glasses, martini glasses, and old-fashioned glasses, along with barware like ice buckets and decanters, are available.
- Bowls and vases - A vast array of Steuben crystal bowls are available. This includes olive bowls, serving bowls, and flower and decorative vases.
- Holiday decor: Christmas trees, Christmas ornaments, and pumpkins are just a few of the items available.
During the first 24 years of the company's existence, over 1,400 colors of Steuben Art Glass were created. Most of them were created during the Carder Steuben antique art glass period, which ended in 1932. Some of these colors include:
- Wisteria - This appears to be lavender in natural light, but it looks light blue under fluorescent lighting.
- Canterbury - This is a bright blue.
- Celadon - This is a light green like old window glass.
- Cobalt blue - This hue is often called blue aurene.
- Selenium red - This is a ruby red.
You can find Steuben glass signed in many different ways depending on when workers created the piece. Therefore, understanding how the signature should look may hold important clues for dating Steuben Glass Works articles when looking at Steuben glass on eBay. Steuben glass for sale created between 2008 and 2011 has a cursive Steuben printed on them. To be authentic, the "S" and "t" must touch, the front part of the "t" must be straight, and the first "e" must be larger than the second one. Pieces made between 2000 and 2008 have a line behind the "n," while those created between 1990 and 2000 have no line, and the "S" is a separate letter. During the 1980s, the last part of the "n" drops down and to the right of the rest of the signature. During the 1970s, the "n" has a slight upward curve at its end. Between 1933 and 1969, there is a dot ahead of the "S," the "S" is separate from the t, and there is another break between the "b" and the second "e." You will also find Steuben art pieces during this era with only capital printed letters.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Steuben.