Buying Guide to Specialized S Works Shoes
When embarking on long bike rides, you need shoes designed for comfort and power transfer. With the right footwear, you can hit the pedals without fear of blisters, slippage, or poor alignment. Specialized S Works shoes, designed specifically for cycling, come in a variety of styles and sizes.What S Works styles are available?
Specialized has multiple lines of cycling shoes, but the S Works styles have long been the brands flagship. These shoes come in several styles, such as the following:
- 7 Road shoes - The 7 Road shoes are designed for optimal power transfer. Theyre equipped with ergonomic features like carbon soles, PadLock heel construction, and space-grade materials.
- Recon shoes - Designed for off-road cycling, the Recon shoes can tackle XC racing, cyclocross, or gravel.
- 6 Mountain bike shoes - The brands 6 Mountain bike styles are stiff, lightweight, and connected. They have a carbon fiber outsole and a rubber heel and toe tread, which provide traction during XC races.
- Expert XC mountain bike shoes - The Expert XC Mountain Bike shoes are made for cross country racing and riding. They combine lightweight construction with a versatile carbon outsole.
- Trivent triathlon shoes - To make the Trivent Triathlon fast to put on and fast on the road, Specialized equipped them with a drawbridge closure system and an arch-mounted launch clip.
Specialized S Works shoes are equipped with technology like the following:
- Body geometry construction - The sole and footbed of every S Works shoe are assembled using geometric construction.
- Thermo-bonded upper - Uppers are constructed using thermo-bonding technology, which results in lightweight, supple, tight-fitting shoes.
- SlipNot - SlipNot outsoles provide enhanced grip and durability.
- Tri-Specific Drawbridge Closures - These closures, found on the lines triathlon styles, may help to shorten transition time.
- FACT 12.0 carbon soles - The brands FACT 12.0 soles combine unidirectional carbon fiber with unique torsion construction.
- Boa snap dials - These snap dials allow for quick, efficient micro-adjustments.
- Cleat patterns - Specialized cleat patterns, which include two-bolt and three-bolt, are designed for compatibility with mountain and road pedals.
Specialized shoes are sized according to European size guidelines. Styles are available in sizes ranging from 35 to 47. In US sizing, this is equivalent to the following:
- Mens Sizes - 3 1/2 to 13
- Womens Sizes - 5 to 11
Specialized S Works shoes are available in a diverse assortment of colors, including the following: