Revisiting a Classic Video Game Franchise Through Newer Titles
The Crash Bandicoot games have been around for more than 20 years now and are still popular among gamers young and old alike. The spin, jump, and wump action still delight, even with newer titles available, even for advanced platforms such as the Sony PlayStation 4. While the games started off as PlayStation exclusives, they did expand to other platforms, while still mostly being available on Sony's esteemed gaming platforms.
What are The Newer Crash Bandicoot Titles Available?
At the moment, there are two main titles available for newer platforms like the PS4, and they are:
- The Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy - This Activision-published pack consists of three of the original platformer games, which are Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped. However, the games have been remastered to offer better graphics and even more enjoyable gameplay, meant for both seasoned Bandicoot fans as well as new gamers.
- Skylanders: Imaginators - While this title is not directly related to the original series, it is a spinoff of sorts which feature both Crash and Doctor Neo Cortex as guest characters. There is one level dedicated to Crash Bandicoot-style gameplay on Wumpa Islands, with Crash as the protagonist.
What are the Main Gameplay Elements in the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy?
The N-Sane Trilogy maintains all the fun elements from the original games, with means plenty of spinning, jumping, and wumping action. Players can enjoy all the interesting weapons and tools found in the games, such as the Death Tornado, jet skis, rodeo rides, ice skates, jet packs, and much more. However, the graphics further enhance the experience is further enhanced, providing depth and texture to the setting of the game.
What are the Main Gameplay Elements in Skylanders: Imaginators?
While Skylanders isn't a part of the Crash Bandicoot franchise per say, this particular title has one level that offers Bandicoot-style gaming. However, overall, the game has the following elements:
- Puzzle-solving and platforming - To progress through the game, players must play the game as a platformer and solve puzzles along the way.
- Action- Players fight enemies as part of the plot, which contributes to the action part of the game.
- Character building - This game includes its namesake, the Imaginators, which are characters the players can build and develop with the components they collect as they progress through the game. These built characters can be for combat or just to share with other players.
- Local multiplayer - This title allows for local multiplayer mode, which means players can share their enjoyment with friends and family by playing together on the same console.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sony or any other brands.