Add Beauty and Function to Your Outdoor Space with Solar Lighting
You’ve worked hard to make your yard a great place for family and friends to gather, but it isn’t getting used as much as you would like. Adding solar lights to outdoor spaces can extend the hours your family has to enjoy the landscape. eBay has solar lights that can add decorative touches that encourage you and your guests to come together and also let you move about safely after the sun goes down.Understanding how solar light fixtures work
Solar lights for sale use small solar panels to generate power. These may be on the individual fixtures or on a base that powers multiple lights. The more sun your solar panels are exposed to, the longer they will last. Many of the solar garden lights on eBay use LED bulbs.How much sun do solar lights need?
This can depend on your individual solar panel, but most lights will require five or more hours of daylight to work well. Try to place your LED solar lights in outdoor locations that receive afternoon sun throughout the year.Why should I add lights to my yard?
You can find light fixtures that are functional as well as decorative. LED solar lights are a cost-effective means of adding beauty and security to your yard. These are some more common reasons people give for adding lighting to their landscape:
- Security: Lighting can deter intruders and nuisance animals. Some fixtures will automatically power on when it gets dark, and others are motion activated so you'll know if someone is outside.
- Navigation: Solar LED lights can help illuminate paths and walkways. Special stairway lights can make sure that steps are properly lit up at night and help you avoid a fall.
- Decoration: Some lights are purely decorative. Whimsical designs or holiday-themed lights can help dress up your landscape.
There are many different types of solar lights for sale. These are some of the most common ones you will find:
- String lights have a series of small bulbs which are connected by wires. They can be hung under umbrellas, pergolas, or awnings, and are both pretty and functional.
- Flush lighting fixtures sit flat with the ground. They are a great way to light up along walkways or highlight a special feature of your yard.
- Floodlights are often used for security fixtures. They flood a specific area with light and are good for lighting up large areas like driveways and patios.
- Stake lighting allows you to mark special areas, like the edge of your driveway, with points of light. These work well along paths well. Some feature colorful toppers that can bring decorative touches to your yard.