Smart watches are an accessory for your smartphone. They provide the convenience of sending and receiving information with just a glance at your wrist.What is a smart watch?
A smart watch is a watch that pairs with your smartphone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to deliver notifications and messages, display time, and perform a lot of various tasks via the apps that you run on them.What can you do with a smart watch?
- Using GPS, you can not only get directions, but you can monitor the calories you consume while walking or riding a bike.
- Play music using Bluetooth headphones
- Place and answer phone calls
- Read and respond to text messages
- Get news and trends like sports scores and weather updates
- Make reservations
- Sync with your smartphone schedule to display your daily agenda
- Obtain social media statuses and notifications
- Make purchases by waving your watch over the store’s credit card terminal
It should be attractive with a high-quality display and a user-friendly interface. The type of operating system determines the apps you want to run and the tasks you want to perform. Most models have a battery life of one or two days.
The operating system you choose depends solely on the type of smartphone you have because the smart watch is paired with your smartphone. If you own an Android smartphone, your smart watch should have Android Wear or Tizen. If you own an iPhone, choose an Apple Watch. For example, the Samsung Gear S3 runs Tizen and is compatible with both the Android and iPhone.Do all smart watches have a rectangular design?
Although rectangular is the most common design, there are smart watches that have a circular display similar to regular watches. The Apple Watch is only available in the rectangular design. The circular design is available in the Samsung Gear S2, Moto 360, and LG G Watch R models. Many models have changeable straps, so you can dress casual, sporty, and formal.Can you use a smart watch to monitor your health?
Yes, it can monitor your health and fitness. You should choose one that has a pedometer to count your steps. An accelerometer is helpful in determining acceleration. Acceleration can be used to detect when you fall. A heart rate sensor can be used to monitor your heart beats. Some will report the amount of calories you consume and even display a report of your health at day’s end.