Honda S2000Side Marker Lights
The side marker lights in your Honda S2000 play an important role in the safety system of your vehicle. When you need to replace or upgrade the lighting on your car, there are many options available. Here are some questions that may come up when selecting these lights for your Honda S2000.What are side marker lights?
This type of marker illuminates the sides of your vehicle. There will be amber lights at the front of the vehicle, while the back marker lights will have red lenses. Some of these marker lights will also complement the turn signals and blink when you’re turning left or right.What types of side marker lights are available?
There will be two main types of marker lights used in your Honda S2000. Understanding the options available can be helpful when making a selection.
- Carbon filament bulbs will be the more common style used. Common are halogen and other incandescent bulbs that give off a bright light to increase visibility. These types of bulbs are easily replaced and require no modification to the light housing.
- LED bulbs are a collection of diodes sealed inside of a casing. LED light bulbs use less electricity than traditional lighting methods, and many of these options are also waterproof or water resistant. Another advantage of this option is that the bulbs last around ten times longer compared to traditional bulbs.
Selecting replacement marker lights for your Honda S2000 can be complex with the number of options available. Following these tips can help to make the selection process easier.
- Choose marker lights that are compatible with your vehicle. You will want to know the make, model, and year of your vehicle. Sometimes the manufacturer will change the style of a model in the middle of the year. In these instances, having the production date can be helpful to find the correct styles.
- Select a style. Some models have amber and red light bulbs instead of the lenses. You can also choose from add-on options that can be mounted at the bottom of your door frames for increased visibility.
- Select a brand. You can choose from direct factory options that can maintain the stock appearance, or you can choose from third-party options that allow you to customize the exterior of your car.
When you need to replace the marker lights in your Honda S2000, there are many manufacturers to choose from. If you prefer to use original equipment manufacturer parts, you will want to select from replacements made by Honda. OEM parts are designed to fit your specific model of vehicle, and the company produces the parts by following the factory specifications. You can also choose from Eiko, JDM, Sylvania, and other companies that produce aftermarket options. When choosing aftermarket options, you may need to make adjustments so that the parts fit properly. There are also several unbranded options available.