Shure SM58 Vocal Microphone Buyers Guide
Shures SM58 is a handheld microphone designed to amplify your voice with clarity. Its built to last with solid construction that can survive drops and other impacts that often happen on stage and off. You can find new and used SM58 Shure microphones at affordable prices right here on eBay.Primary features of the Shure SM58 microphone
On eBay, you can compare the features below among the available live performance mics. The Shure SM58:
- Responds to frequencies in the range of human vocals and amplifies the midrange while rolling off bass frequencies.
- Isolates the primary sound source with a uniform cardioid pattern to minimize background noise.
- Dampens noise with a pneumatic, shock-resistant design.
- Filters out wind and pop sounds with a spherical shield.
- Includes a durable stand adapter with a 180-degree range of rotation.
The specifications of the SM58 vocal microphone are as follows:
- Microphone type: Dynamic moving coil.
- Frequency response range: 50 to 15,000 Hz.
- Polar pattern: Unidirectional with rotation symmetry, along the microphones axis and uniform frequency response.
Ranging from mounting adapters to replacement parts, there are a number of accessories that fit the Shure SM58 that you can find on eBay, such as:
- Windscreens and replacement grilles: These filters fit over the mouthpiece to eliminate undesirable noise caused by handling and distance from the speaker.
- Replacement cartridges: When the electronics inside the microphone become worn or defective, you can replace them with these cartridges.
- Shock mount microphone clips: These attachments secure the Shure SM58 to standard microphone stands and swivel 180 degrees to make positioning convenient. There are several different styles to choose from, according to whether you need to remove the mic from the stand or not.
Phantom power is for condenser microphones that need direct power to operate. The Shure SM58 is a dynamic microphone that doesnt need this additional power supply to work. Therefore, applying phantom power to mics like the Shure SM58 wont harm them, but it doesnt increase their signal, either.Upgrade features of the Shure SM58
Although nearly identical in their design and construction, the difference in the Shure SM58 from previous Shure models is its application. The Shure SM58 is a vocal microphone. Therefore, it needs different filters from any previous models to eliminate noise. Vocalists tend to create more pop and plosive noise, so the Shure SM58 has a larger grille protecting it.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Shure.