Shower Curtain Rods
Believe it or not, shower curtain rods are not a one-size-fits-all bathroom item. Rods come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and finishes. Thanks to the array of styles available, everyone can find a shower curtain rod that suits their bathroom decor.What styles of shower curtain rods are available?
Popular styles include:
- Straight Shower Rods: These shower curtain rods are the classic option. They are ideal for standard showers and bathtubs.
- Curved Shower Rods: Curved shower rods bend outward slightly. These options are elegant and extend the bathtub space. Curved shower rods are a simple way to create a more spacious, safer shower environment.
- L-Shaped Shower Rods: These are designed for corner showers. The L-shape conforms to the shape of many irregular shower spaces.
- D-Shaped Shower Rods: D-shaped options combine a u-shaped rod and a straight rod to create a full enclosure for the bathtub area. They are attached to the wall and ceiling to provide extra support.
- Circular Shower Rod: Circular options are generally used for stand-alone tubs that also have a shower combination. They use multiple ceiling rods for support.
- Adjustable Tension Shower Rod: Adjustable tension options are similar in style to classic straight shower curtain rods. They use spring suspension to stay in place, however, which differentiates them from more permanent options.
When choosing a shower rod, materials are an important consideration. Glossy metallics provide a contemporary aesthetic, while bronze options add a vintage vibe. Many shower curtain rods have a distinct finish, which can range from white to black to brushed nickel. Available materials include the following:
- Stainless Steel
There are two main mounting options for shower curtain rods:
- Fixed: Traditional shower curtain rods are fixed, meaning that they are secured to the wall via a mounting apparatus.
- Tension: Tension options are easier to install, as they have springs that keep the rod pinned between the walls.
What lengths do they come in?
They are available in many lengths. Homeowners should always measure their shower space before purchase, but these products are often adjustable. Expandable telescoping rods, for example, can be made shorter or longer. Many shower rods come with minimum and maximum lengths, while others come with a set length. Popular lengths include:
- 44-inch to 72-inch adjustable length
- 54-inch to 72-inch adjustable length