Shop by Category
Shop by Brand
Save on Sewing Tools & Supplies
- Brother 1034D Mechanical Sewing Machine$149.00Trending at $184.00
- Brother 100-Stitch, RCE1100PRW Refurbished Computerized Sewing Machine$97.11Trending at $111.05
- Michley LSS-202 Lil' Sew & Sew Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine$23.51Trending at $38.99
- Custom Embroidered Name Tag Sew on Patch Motorcycle Biker Badge 4" x 1" (A)$5.50Trending at $8.30
- Brother International CS6000i Sewing Machine$153.99Trending at $178.98
- UV resistant SMALL 150D/3 High Tenacity Polyester Sewing Thread outdoor boat$4.00Trending at $6.99
- Janome Honeycomb Sew Mini Sewing Machine$59.00Trending at $79.00
- Scotch 3M Precision Ultra Edge 8" Scissors For Paper Fabric Blue Pink Teal New$8.99Trending at $12.74
- Braided Elastic Size 3/8" for Waistbands Sleeves Underwear Skirt White 50 Yard per OrderTrending Price$5.30 New
- Set of 3 Scotch Precision Ultra Edge Scissors 8 in 3pcTrending Price$8.99 New
- LOOK Sewing Pattern 6048 Retro Belted Dress Sundress Halter Sz 4-16 UCTrending Price$6.99 New
- Simplicity 1472 Baby Toddler 18 Doll Dress Pattern Girl 6 M 4 Romper Top PantsTrending Price$5.99 New
- Womens Pattern Bra Halter Top 50s Vintage Style Size D5 4 to 12 Simplicity 1426Trending Price$6.12 New
- Iron-on Mending Fabric 6-1/2"" x 14"" - WhiteTrending Price$5.14 New
- Simplicity Pattern 8252 Misses 1950s Vintage Dress and REDINGOTE Size D5 4-12Trending Price$6.05 New
Limited Time Deals
Free Shipping Included
- Brother PE770 PE-770 Embroidery Machine + $299 Bonus Kit NEW$549.00was -$999.00 | 45% OFF
- Janome Sewing Machine 49360 + Push Button Scissor$449.00was -$799.00 | 43% OFF
- Singer Portable Stitch Sew Hand Held Quick Sewing Machine Handy Cordless Repair$8.99was -$12.84 | 29% OFF
- White Folding Swing Craft Table Shelves Storage Cabinet Home Furniture W/Wheels$79.99was -$103.99 | 23% OFF
- Singer 1512 Promise II Portable Fashion Sewing Machine with 13 Built In Stitches$79.99was -$99.99 | 20% OFF
- Female Mannequin Torso Dress Form Display with Black/White Tripod Stand New$30.99was -$44.99 | 31% OFF
- Female Mannequin Torso Dress Form Display W/ Tripod Stand New$31.38was -$51.38 | 38% OFF
- Sewing Machine Free-Arm Crafting Mending Machine with 16 Built-In Stitched White$62.99was -$79.99 | 21% OFF
Hot This Week
- #3965R Lot 2 Pcs Red Rose red rose Flower Embroidery Applique Patch$4.99291 sold
- Vinyl PVC Piping Welt Welting Upholstery Trim 3/16 Inch Choose Color by the Yard$1.00234 sold
- 5 Yard 5/8" Solid FOE Fold Over Elastics Spandex Satin Band Lace Sewing Trim DIY$0.99199 sold
- Upick Nation Flag Emblem Iron On Patch Sew Embroidered Trim 2"x3" Standard LOT1$0.99149 sold
- HOT Embroidered Iron On / Sew On Patches Set Badge Bag Fabric Applique Craft$0.99136 sold
- 1x English Capital Letter Alphabet 40mm Rainbow Stripe Iron On Patch Embroidered$0.99115 sold
- 1PC Beautiful Embroidered Plum Blossom Flower Patch Sew on Applique Motif Craft$1.59113 sold
- "LOVE IT or IT'S FREE", CUSTOM EMBROIDERED NAME TAG 3IN X 1IN, NO RISK, FREE$2.85108 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
- What To Look for In a Sewing Machine If You’re Just Starting OutAnyone can learn how to sew — can you think of a more worthwhile hobby that gives back in so many ways? Not only will sewing help you save money by making simple repairs when you rip a pair of pants or a window treatment, but you can unleash all of your creative impulses by creating unique costumes, outfits, and more. But before we get carried away, beginners need to practice, practice, practice on a sewing machine that is ideal for their skill level, but that still features all of the most important components every good sewing machine needs. Here are five things to look for in a sewing machine if you’re just starting out.
- The 5 Essentials Your Sewing Kit Isn't Complete WithoutAs you put together your sewing kit, there are a few items that are absolutely essential.
- 15 Not So Ordinary Sewing Tools You NeedSewing doesn't require many tools to get you started. However, there is nothing wrong with getting some awesome tools and supplies to make your life easier and sewing that much simpler.
You May Also Like
Make an Offer
- 12 Yards Stretch Flamingo Pink Floral Scalloped Lace 5 1/2" Wide$11.99Free shippingMake Offer
Sewing & Fabric
Choosing a Sewing Machine
It’s good to know how to use a needle and thread to hand-stitch something, but if you’re interested in taking up sewing as a hobby, you really need a sewing machine. There are so many kinds of sewing machines on the market, with features for every type of seamstress. If you’re just interested in sewing generally, then one of the most enduring brands, like a Singer sewing machine, might be a good place to start. Other popular brands include Brother sewing machines and Bernina sewing machines. If you really get invested in sewing as a hobby, you may just find yourself dreaming about having more than one! If you want to add embroidered details to clothing and household items, an embroidery machine would be a good fit for you.
How to Ensure Success
Whether you’re new to sewing or you’re a pro, it helps to focus in on projects that inspire you. Maybe you’d like to upgrade your bed; quilting patterns and quilting stencils can help you create an heirloom-quality quilt, while upholstery fabric and sturdy Velcro can help you make that new headboard you’ve been dreaming of. Or perhaps you want to make your own clothing? eBay’s selection of patterns include everything from cute skirts to tote bags, plus buttons, iron-on patches, fabric paint and more.
Stock Up on Fabric
Once you’ve chosen a machine and a project to make on it, you’ll need fabric to complete just about any sewing project. If you’re looking for warmth when you shop fabric, fleece fabric might be the best choice, while something elegant might be best designed with silk fabric. If you want a durable garment with a little stretch, polyester fabric is a durable choice. And don’t forget coordinating thread!
Create a Quilt
Traditionally in quilting, 100 percent cotton fabric is the material of choice, and eBay has plenty of that fabric online to offer. Many quilters shop by brand (for instance, Moda is very popular, and they have fabric, quilting supplies and sewing notions). You can also search quilting or craft fabric by color or pattern. You’ll need quilt batting too. Basically, when you buy fabric, it’s a good idea to have a project in mind at the beginning.
Sewing for the Modern Age
Once you get started buying sewing supplies online, you’ll learn that it’s not just about a bygone era of your grandmother’s notion box full of bobbins and sewing materials. You can have one of your own boxes, filled with the sewing supplies to make your creativity shine and the projects to show for your time investment.