Named for Selene, the Greek goddess of the moon, selenite is a crystal that bestows clarity of mind and a deep sense of peace. It comes in many sizes and is often translucent with fine ribbing. Also called satin spar, this mineral is an excellent crystal to have during meditation or spiritual healing work.What is selenite made of?
It is a type of gypsum. Most examples are white, but others are:
- Orange-brown: which is used to heal the earth.
- Blue- which calms the intellect when placed on the third eye.
- Green which supports youthful vitality.
- Fishtail- which brings deep healing to the nervous system, calms emotions, and defuses tension.
- Desert rose- which helps you overcome negative programming.
Selenite can be had as:
- Small wands or blades. Selenite wands and blades focus energy in a straight line. They give energy when they are pointed toward the body and pull it away if they are turned away. Selenite wands have an especially pure vibration.
- Larger sticks
- Massage wands, both straight and spiraled. Spiraled wands are good for maintaining balance.
- Crystal towers
- Hearts with comfort grooves
- Charging bowls
- Desert roses
- Crystal balls. These shapes are nearly always made from a larger crystal, and emit energy in all directions. They can give you glimpses into your past and your future.
- Pyramids. Pyramids amplify and focus energy through the apex, especially if they are natural. They draw off negative energies and remove blockages from the chakras.
- Tumbled stones
- Worry stones
- Candle holders
- Selenite crystals on matrix
- Unicorn horns
- Cubes. Cubes are good for grounding.
- Snowball globes
- Selenite eggs. Eggs remove blockages in the body.
- Charging stations
- LED light displays
- Crystal healing kits
- Neck pouches for holding crystals
This mineral comes from:
- South Dakota
The best way to use selenite is to simply hold it or place it in or around your home for safety and angelic protection.How do you take care of a selenite crystal?
Selenite crystals can be fragile, especially if they come in clusters. Do not expose them to water, because water dissolves them. To keep them from scratching or chipping, keep each crystal in a separate, soft pouch or a scarf made of silk or velvet. This also protects them against negative energy. They need to be cleaned when you receive them and cleaned after you or someone else uses them. Since you should not put selenite in water, place it in sunlight or moonlight for a few hours. This also recharges the crystal. Some experts suggest placing your crystal in a bowl of rock salt, especially if it’s fragile. Make sure you brush off all of the salt before using it.