Mazda Protege Seat Belts and Parts
There are Mazda Protege seat belts and parts, so when you need to make a replacement or upgrade, you can choose from the various options. Knowing more about the parts will make it easier to get the right parts.What are the different seat belt parts?
- Extender: This extends the length of the lap belt.
- Latch: This is the component on the end of the belt that clips it into place.
- Seat belt clip: This is what the latch clips into on the other side of the seat.
- Pretensioner: This removes the slack from the belt for a better fit across the body.
- Harness: Commonly used for racing to add additional security.
There are various color options that will allow you to match the belt with the interior of your Mazda Protege, which are listed below.
Seat belts are installed in your Mazda Protege by following the instructions that come with the product or within your owner's manual. There are bolts on the side of the seats that need to be undone. Often, there is a protective plastic piece over the bolt that can be pried up with a screwdriver. From there, you can remove the existing belt and then install the new belts. You can then feed the belt through the tongue and pretensioner. If you are replacing the seat belt clip, you will follow similar procedures on the other side of the seat for a complete seat belt install.What are the various belt features?
There are many features available for seat belts for your Protege.
- Quick release buttons: These simplify getting the seat belt off with a quick release.
- LATCH system: This makes it easier to install infant car carriers and boosters with a special system.
- Two and three-point harnesses: There are two types, so choose whether you want a two-point or three-point system, where a three-point includes going across the chest.
- Shoulder pads: These can help you gain comfort from added padding on the shoulders.
There are a few aspects to consider when you need to buy a seat belt for your model Mazda Protege, which include the following:
- Length: Choose the length of the seat belt, commonly between 60 inches and 90 inches.
- OEM vs aftermarket: Determine if you want a genuine Mazda part or not.
- Equipment type: Decide what components of the seat belt you need.