Laptop Screens and LCD Panels for Apple MacBook Pro
Consumers can locate a replacement for the screen or LCD panel on their Apple MacBook Pro. It is also possible for the user to swap the screen or panel themselves with the proper accessories. Keep in mind that different screens or LCD panels used by the MacBook Pro will depend upon the model.What are the signs of MacBook Pro display damage?
If your Mac’s screen is not performing as intended, there are a few symptoms that indicate that critical damage has occurred. Many Apple computers feature a glass panel atop an LCD panel, both of which may undergo damage. Some common repairable issues include:
- Cracks: These are some of the most easily identifiable forms of display damage. Cracks, similar to those seen in a broken windshield, are the result of blunt force damage to the glass of the MacBook. They can occur after the laptop has been dropped or banged. Cracks are easily observable whether the machine is powered on or off.
- Distorted image: Visual anomalies include lines, unusual coloration, and blotches of black or distorted colors on an otherwise clear image on the screen. These distortions may occur after the device has undergone physical damage and can only be seen when the Mac is powered on. If you have a distorted image and cracks, it is possible that both panels of your MacBook are damaged.
- Black display: If your Apple MacBook’s screen is totally black, it can be more difficult to determine the cause. While damage to the display is a definite possibility, this can also be caused by other hardware issues, such as a power supply failure or problems with software.
Over time, Apple has repeatedly changed the design and construction of the MacBook. Releases include the following:
- MacBook Pro: These are the original MacBook Pros made from 2006 to 2012. They come in three sizes: 13-inch, 15-inch, and 17-inch measured diagonally from the top-left to bottom-right corners. The model name, MacBook Pro, is written on the bezel beneath the screen, and the power button is located on the upper right corner of the chassis. Depending on the type of damage, it is possible to repair these Macs by replacing only the glass panel or LCD. In some cases, both panels need to be replaced to display properly.
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display: The 13-inch and 15-inch Apple MacBook Pro Retina models were introduced in 2012 and feature much greater resolution displays and more powerful hardware than their predecessors. Retina Macs can be identified by their thinner chassis, lack of the name on the screen bezel, and the placement of the power button on the keyboard instead of on the chassis. If the screen on the Retina model is damaged, the entire display assembly must be replaced.
Items to have on hand would include a plastic opening tool, a cable retainer, a Torx screwdriver, and a Philips screwdriver.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.