Find the Right Samsung Home Security Cameras
An important part of a home security system is the cameras used to monitor your home and property. Security cameras give you peace of mind by letting you view what happens at home when you're not there. Samsung cameras are equipped with features and modes that allow detailed monitoring day and night.
What Are Some Design Features of Security Cameras?
In order to get the most from your security cameras, they often have design features to simplify their installment and user experience, like:
- HD Image Quality: These cameras feature a range of resolutions so that your surveillance captures every detail, with HD cameras capturing everything in HD or full HD resolution.
- Power over Ethernet: Rather than requiring multiple cables to power up and connect the camera, many use the power over Ethernet method. This setup reuses the Internet cable as also a power connection.
- Storage Options: There are a number of ways in which security cameras are able to store recorded footage including on a DVR, SD card, or a HDD.
- Weatherproof Design: As an outdoors accessory, certain security cameras are built to handle the impacts of weather and can be certified to the IP66 standard.
What Operating Modes and Functions Can Security Systems Have?
Cameras come with a number of functions and mode to enhance their usefulness to you at all times of the day, such as:
- Night Vision: In low light situations, security systems with night vision use built-in infrared LEDs to see. With the infrared light, it's possible to clearly monitor what is going on in the dark.
- Varifocal Lens: Rather than operating with a fixed view, cameras with a varifocal lens allow you to zoom in and out to adjust the frame's focus.
- Watch on Your Smartphone: No matter where you are, you can keep track of things at home on your smartphone. Through an app on your iOS or Android smartphone, you can tap into a live stream from your home cameras.
How Can You Connect the Security Cameras?
Being able to see what the cameras are capturing means connecting them to your security system or DVR for recording purposes. The two options for this are:
- Wired Internet: To transmit their footage, many setups are connected by an Ethernet cable that sends the data to your system or storage device. With a dedicated Internet connection, this approach ensures no problems occur when transferring video across, even at full HD.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Providing a more flexible and wire-free option, wireless cameras transmit their video data using your home Wi-FI network. Without the need for fixed wires, this allows you to easily change the location or configuration of your cameras.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.