Samsung Galaxy Tab
Reaching for a tablet can be convenient when you need to access information. You can perform a range of functions from editing documents and creating videos to browsing the web and updating social media accounts with a Samsung Galaxy tablet computer.What type of operating system do Galaxy Tabs use?
All of the tab computers in this line use Andriod. Google developed the Android mobile operating system. Some of the features of this operating system are:
- Direct manipulation: The screen responds to touch. You can do actions like swipe, pinch, reverse pinch, and tap to perform different functions.
- Home screens: Each Android device starts up and takes you straight to a home screen. Here is where you can find widgets and app icons.
- Status bar: If you look at the top of the tablet, you will see your WiFi connectivity, notifications, and battery power.
- Use of apps: Many applications have been developed for use with Android devices. You can download apps through the Google Play Store when you're on Wi-Fi, and you may also be able to download apps through a third-party, as long as you have access to its Android application package file.
There are several tablets that can accept microSD cards that are either 32 GB, 64 GB, or 128 GB. By using these cards, you can expand your storage capabilities. If you have another device that uses the same type of card, you can transfer information quickly. The tablets that have external storage include:
- Galaxy Tab
- Tab 7.0 Plus and 7.7
- Tab 2 7.0, Tab 3 7.0, and Tab 4 7.0
- Tab 2 10.1 and Tab Pro 10.1
- Tab 3 8.0
- Tab 3 10.1
While all tablets are portable, can store data, and have wireless connectivity, there are some basic ways to differentiate them from each other. You can consider what you need or would like to have on a mobile device when you are shopping. A few things you can consider are:
- Internal storage: This capacity can vary from 8 GB to 32 GB. Most models have at least two options to choose from in terms of how much GB you have at your fingertips.
- Camera: The number of megapixels (MP) that a camera has can affect the image quality. Some models, like the Tab 4 8.0, have 3 MP rear cameras, while the Tab Pro 8.4 has 8 MP rear cameras.
- Size: The size of the screen can vary from 7 to 10 inches. The weight can be affected by the screen size, though the weight is also influenced by the thickness of the tablet.
- Processor: More advanced devices may have faster processors. For example, the Tab S3 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor.