Samsung Galaxy S9
Featuring Samsung's Always On Display, the Samsung Galaxy S9 is a flagship class mobile phone released for pre-order on March 2, 2018, and for sale as of March 16, 2018. As with all flagship phones, it showcases an array of features that both excite potential customers and enhance Samsung's reputation.
Always On Display
The key to Samsung's Always On Display is the use of AMOLED technology. Unlike LCD displays, which require a backlight, AMOLED lights each pixel individually. This means that leaving most of the screen black actually does save power. With AOD technology, Samsung activates a low power controller mode that gives the phone the ability to generate a simple image with minimal power usage.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Features
In addition to its high resolution Super-AMOLED screen, the S9 offers a number of features that make it stand out in its class:
- Waterproof Shell: Taking advantage of its sealed-battery design, the Galaxy S9 is can withstand submersion in several feet of water for up to half an hour, so you don't have to worry about dropping it.
- Redesigned Fingerprint Sensor: The fingerprint sensor now sits on the back, below the camera, for easy access.
- Curved Screen: The S9 eliminates the appearance of side bezels thanks to its symmetrically curved screen.
What about the Samsung S9 Camera?
As cell phone cameras have revolutionized photography through a combination of performance and accessibility, each generation has taken a step forward, and the Samsung Galaxy S9 is no exception, with features such as:
- Dual Aperture: The Galaxy S9 features mechanical variable aperture that can shift between f/1.5 for low light and f/2.4 for bright light.
- Sensor Accuracy: The 12 MP+ main camera gives you plenty of pixels to work your magic, and the 8 MP front camera is great for video conferencing.
- Optical Image Stabilization: Shaky hands are no problem with optical image stabilization to keep the picture steady even when you aren't.
Galaxy S9 Usability
All the features in the world don't matter unless they are implemented in a way that makes them useful in everyday life. Samsung features both the USB-C standard for data connection and charging, and the ubiquitous 3.5 mm headphone jack. The phone also includes fast and wireless charging hardware for those who need them. There is also a micro-SD slot for up to 256 GB of additional storage. The screen isn't just large; it's also ergonomic. With an 18.5:9 screen ratio, it offers a slim form factor so that the phone fits more easily in the hand.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.