Samsung Galaxy S8
Announced in March and released in April, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is Samsung's 2017 flagship class mobile phone, followed by the S9 and S9+ in early 2018. With its slim good looks and large screen, it meets the harsh conditions of operating in the real world without compromising style. While the screen may be what catches your eye, the real strength of the handset lies behind it in everything from design language to hardware capabilities.
Using the Galaxy S8
While it may appear that style drives many of the S8's design decisions, the phone easily meets the needs of demanding users. Consider the following features:
- Form Factor: With its 18.5:9 aspect ratio screen, the Galaxy S8 offers a relatively long and narrow form factor, making it easier to hold in the hand than similar sized phones with wider screens.
- Wireless Charging: The easiest way to charge a phone is to put it down on a charging pad without having to worry about wired connections.
- Legacy Interfaces: With both a micro-SD slot and a 3.5 mm headphone jack, the Galaxy S8 conforms to your needs rather than requiring you to conform to its.
What About the Screen?
Just about all cell phones feature a multi-touch capacitive screen as their primary interface, but the Galaxy S8 offers more than just a picture you can put your fingers on:
- Size and Resolution: The S8 features a 5.8 inch, 2960 by 1440 pixel Super AMOLED screen, featuring true blacks and vibrant colors.
- Color Reproduction: Samsung's OLED screens have always been popular for their vivid colors, and with the S8, the company has stepped forward by supporting High Dynamic Range formats for even more vivid colors.
- Infinity Display: With the Infinity Display, the S8's screen gently curves at the sides, creating the illusion of a screen that blends seamlessly into the world with no sharp edges to mark where the display ends.
- Durability: Thanks to Gorilla Glass 5, both the screen and the back are built to withstand daily use whether you use a case or not.
S8 Features and Performance
The Galaxy S8 would not be a flagship class phone without the features and performance to back it up. It offers a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of flash storage onboard. For biometrics users, it has both fingerprint ID and facial recognition built in: There is even an iris scanner. Its sealed battery design facilitates IPX8 water resistance so you have fewer worries on rainy days. Add in a 12 MP+ rear camera and 8 MP front camera, and then even your photography needs can be handled in one slim package.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.