How to Use Smartphones on the Edge
Any smartphone faces two competing challenges; the need to make the device smaller while simultaneously making the screen larger. One way to resolve the situation is to extend the screen from the front of the device to the side.
What is the S7 Edge?
The S7 Edge is a flagship-class Android device from Samsung released in March of 2016 on AT&T, featuring the company's edge display. It offers a number of high-end specifications for the end user:
- RAM: 4 GB of RAM provides more than enough memory for rapid application loads.
- Storage: Entry-level units offer 32 GB of RAM, with up to 128 GB available on some models. It also supports microSD cards for even more expandable memory capacity.
- Network: In addition to standard GSM connectivity, and Wi-Fi, it also offers 4G LTE for high-speed data.
- Screen: The Edge offers a 5.5-inch 2560 by 1440 pixel AMOLED curved gorilla glass screen.
What Can You Do with the Edge?
For the most part, using the Edge is much like any other smartphone, although the display does provide a few user advantages over the standard Galaxy S7 thanks to the edge panels. For the most part, though, the two phones are almost identical outside the screen with the same processor, RAM, storage options, and camera functionality. Useful features include:
- Edge Panels: The edge panels give you quick access to a number of functions like accessing your contacts and news feeds.
- Wireless Charging: With dual options for wireless charging you can get power into your phone even without a USB connector. Just lay it on the charging pad and let the built-in coil pick up the power.
- Media: Consuming media on your Galaxy is easy and enjoyable. You can listen on Bluetooth headphones and view your movies on the high definition screen. Internal sensors automatically detect orientation so the phone switches between portrait and landscape, and LTE gives you high bandwidth streaming no matter where you are.
The User Experience
The AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge provides everything you need from a user experience standpoint. The curved screen makes it easy to hold despite its size. It offers IP68 dust and water protection. Choose from colors like Black Onyx and Silver Titanium to make your Galaxy stand out from the crowd. The 12 MP camera gives you dual-pixel technology as well as 4K recording for capturing all those memories in stunning detail. Navigation goes through both GPS and GLONASS, while the proprietary TouchWiz interface puts a galactic spin on the operating system. Take advantage of the curved screen blending into the Black Onyx body and the instant notifications that slide into view along the side of the phone without the distraction of taking over the screen.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by AT&T or Samsung.