Samsung Galaxy S III Smartphones
Samsung Galaxy S III smartphones are a 4G LTE smartphone in a sleek, lightweight package. The Samsung Galaxy S III comes in either a pebble blue or marble white color and includes an 8MP camera. The Galaxy S III by Samsung comes loaded with the TouchWiz user interface and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.How long does the Samsung Galaxy S III battery last?
The Galaxy S III comes with a 2100mAh battery. However, battery life will depend on usage. With heavy use, the battery should last eight hours. During normal daily use, the battery will last much longer. Certain features of the device will use more battery than others. Examples of uses that drain the battery are: recording and playing video, enabling the S Voice voice command app, using Wi-Fi for updates, enabling Bluetooth, playing games on the screen, and playing music.Can Galaxy S III be upgraded to Android Jelly Bean?
The Samsung Galaxy can be upgraded to the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. Before upgrading, be sure to back up your Galaxy phone. The Samsung update to Jelly Bean should be available by checking your phone for software updates. You can follow this process:
- Select "Apps."
- Scroll down to select "Settings."
- Scroll and select "About Device."
- Select "Software Updates" and wait for the phone to check for updates.
- Scroll to Android Jelly Bean and select "OK."
In order to secure your smartphone and its contents, you will want to lock the screen on your Samsung Galaxy. Samsung security is two-tiered. You can choose two methods to physically unlock the screen. A swipe unlock allows you to unlock the phone with a simple swipe across the screen. A motion unlock allows the screen to unlock if the Galaxy is tilted forward. Though not mandatory, the Galaxy by Samsung allows you to select from a number of additional security options, which include the following:
- Face unlock: Samsung uses face recognition to unlock the screen.
- Face and Voice: The screen is unlocked using face unlock with an additional voice recognition.
- Pattern: You select a pattern of lines and dots to unlock the screen.
- Pin: You select a 4-digit pin to unlock the screen.
- Password: You select a password to unlock the screen.
Samsung uses a micro SIM card. To insert, remove the back cover and the battery and locate the SIM slot. Then, insert the micro SIM card with the gold contacts facing down. After the SIM card is properly inserted, place the battery back in and put the back cover on.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.