Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Building on Samsung's already successful line of smartphones, the Note 3 cemented the company's position in the phablet market. Featuring a large 5.7-inch screen as well as the trademark S-pen stylus, the third generation Note met the needs of those consumers looking to take the Galaxy line into the business market.
Note 3 Key Features
Every smartphone has basically similar functionality. They can all make calls and send text messages; they can all surf the Internet. They also share the same interface in the form of a touch screen. However, each smartphone also has some key features it makes its own:
- Note 3 Screen: Like the majority of smartphones, the Galaxy Note 3 centers its build around its screen; in this case a 5.7-inch 1080P Super-AMOLED unit offering brilliant colors and deep blacks. It's also big enough to support multi-window operation.
- Samsung S-Pen: Often seen as the killer app for the Note series, the S-pen is a Wacom-powered stylus built right into the phone. The stylus automatically activates when removed from the phone and features 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity.
Note 3 Cameras
Taking photographs has become almost as important a function of cellular phones as making calls, and the Note 3 does not disappoint in this area. With two cameras, you can use it both for business communication and for recording your family holiday with equal ease.
- Front Camera: The Note 3 features a 2 MP front camera, perfect for video-conferencing and selfies.
- Main Camera: On the back, the Note 3 offers a 13 MP camera with a fast f/2.2 lens and single LED flash system for high detail photographs and up to 4K video recording.
How Accessible is the Note 3?
One of the advantages of the Note 3 is its user accessibility. The back of the unit comes off easily, providing access to a number of components such as:
- Memory Card Slot: The phone features a single micro-SD slot above the SIM card slot, supporting cards up to 64 GB in capacity.
- Removable Battery: With a 3200 mAh removable battery, the Note 3 can last you all day. You can even swap the battery out for another if you spend lots of time away from a charger.
Using the Note 3
The Note 3 is a big phone; it's 5.95 inches tall and 3.12 inches wide. It weighs 5.93 ounces, and dominates the hand when you hold it. Luckily, it features a textured plastic back that makes it easy to hold despite the size. If you need a big screen and want a stylus, the Note 3 is a great phone.
Launching the S9 Series
The new Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ smartphones are available as of early 2018. These phones feature large screens and a fingerprint reader on the back of the device, as well as variable aperture cameras. For the S9+ Samsung has even added a second telephoto lens in the main camera system.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.