Get the Head-Banging Features and Benefits of SVS Subwoofers
SVS subwoofers are the darlings of radio deejays, pro musicians and home theater enthusiasts. These subwoofers combine high output with superior hardware for stellar performance that's refreshingly affordable on eBay.How do you decide between configurations?
Think about what space you're working with and the specific purpose of your future speakers. SVS designs and manufactures subwoofers in configurations to simplify your buying experience. The standard configurations across the home theater industry include single subwoofers that you can add to any custom setup of your choice. Other standard configurations may include:
- 2.0 systems: These systems contain a left and right channel of sound transmitted by two stereo speakers or a stereo speaker and a subwoofer
- 2.1 systems: These systems entail two stereo speakers and a subwoofer
- 5.1 systems: These systems boast movie theater-quality sound pumped through five stereo speakers and one subwoofer
SVS subwoofers are constantly evolving to meet the needs of consumers, but there are several types that seem to be timeless, such as:
- Bookshelf subwoofer: Fits on a bookshelf or some other raised surface for use with a home theater system.
- Floor tower subwoofer: You can position as desired for enhanced acoustics.
- Standalone subwoofer: For custom setups you can change periodically.
- Surround/satellite SVS subwoofers: Intended for use with your existing movie theater speaker system.
- Center channel subwoofers: These output both lower and upper-to-medium harmonics as well as dialogue and other non-musical noise.
SVS subwoofers on eBay are part of a vast inventory containing gently used and new-in-box models. Naturally, NIB models come with all the supportive wiring required for the hookup. Subwoofers are standard audio equipment whose universal connections and wiring make them compatible and easily connected with any audio equipment you already own. Standard connections and wires for use with SVS subwoofers are:
- Banana jacks: The industry standard speaker jack
- RCA L/R: The classic colored speaker connectors resembling large headphone jacks
- Coaxial RCA: A version of the above for digital processing
- Raw Cable Jack: A jack with raw wire at one end you insert into the appropriate input/output
"Powered" indicates that the SVS subwoofer in question has a built-in amplifier. Powered subwoofers are also called "active" in that they differ from "passive" subwoofers, which require an external amplifier. Powered subwoofers come in handy when your setup requires an optimal ratio of the power supply and output between amp and subwoofer, such as inside your car. Luckily, if you're considering a subwoofer for your home or office theater system, you probably already have an amp built into the system's receiver or main console.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by SVS.