Save on Rocks, Fossils & Minerals
- Natural Hexagonal Crystal Quartz Healing Fluorite Wand Stone Purple Green Gem$2.81Trending at $2.99
- 100% Natural Fluorite Quartz Crystal Stone Point Healing Hexagonal Wand$2.65Trending at $2.84
- Carbon "Metal" 10mm Density Cube 99.99% Pure for Element Collection$6.00Trending at $8.00
- Titanium Metal 10mm Density Cube 99.95% Pure for Element Collection$6.00Trending at $12.00
- NATURAL RAINBOW CLEAR QUARTZ CRYSTAL SPHERE BALL HEALING GEMSTONE 40mm$1.87Trending at $2.89
- Crystal Allies Specimens: Natural Amethyst Quartz Crystal Cluster from Uruguay..$20.62Trending at $23.20
- 50g Natural Black Tourmaline Crystal Rough Rock Mineral Specimen Healing Stone J$1.79Trending at $2.06
- Clear Crystal Ball with Stand, MerryNine 3-1/5" /80mm Art Decor K9 Crystal Prop$17.45Trending at $19.98
EXTRA 20% OFFFrom pathways
EXTRA 25% OFFFrom ancientearthtradingco
BUY 1, GET 1 AT 50% OFF (add 2 to cart)From worldincensestore
EXTRA 20% OFF WHEN YOU BUY 5 OR MOREFrom rockyourchakra
BUY 1, GET 1 AT 35% OFF (add 2 to cart)From enigma_creations
EXTRA 30% OFF WHEN YOU BUY 3 OR MOREFrom gems4everyone
EXTRA 15% OFF WHEN YOU BUY 4 OR MOREFrom helpingstones
Hot This Week
- A rare light purple healing magic crystal cut glass ball ball + 40 mm$0.994 left
- Natural Ghost Phantom Stone Quartz Crystal Gemstone Specimen Healing Pendant$0.995 left
- Natural Hexagonal Crystal Quartz Healing Fluorite Wand Stone Purple Green Gem$2.99208 sold
- Heart Shaped Natural Rose Quartz Crystal Carved Palm Healing Love Gemstone Pink$1.34115 sold
- Dark Blue Asian Natural Crystal Glass Healing Ball Sphere 40mm +Stand A3$0.99115 sold
- 40mm Asian Rare Natural Quartz Sea Blue Magic Crystal Healing Ball Sphere +Stand$0.99107 sold
- 3Pcs Clear Chandelier Crystal Ball Lamp Prisms Parts Suncatcher Pendants 30mm$1.89100 sold
- Tumbled Stones: You Choose the Type (Tumble Stone Reiki Crystal Healing)$0.9992 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Make an Offer
- GENUINE MOON METEORITE ROCK - 4mg, With Authentication Certificate$10.95Free shippingMake Offer
- Rock Polishing Tumbling Grit For 15 lbs Tumblers MADE IN THE U.S.A$19.45Free shippingMake Offer
What Tools Do You Need to Clean a Collection of Rocks, Fossils, and Minerals?
Tools that you should have on hand include brushes with sturdy bristles, metal picks, chisels, rotary tools, and pliers. You may also want a cleaning gun that shoots a steady stream of water and a bead blaster for tough materials. Soap and water, alcohol, brine, oils, waxes, and silicone sprays help to clean the fossils and rocks further while treating and enhancing them for display and examination.
What Are Some Tips for Fossil Hunting?
Before you begin fossil hunting, consult a geological summary map of the area you want to cover, studying the distribution of rocks and what types of fossils you might encounter. Next, consider the best time of year to fossil hunt. For example, along coastal regions, the best time is winter and spring when wet weather and rough oceans scrub the shoreline. As you begin, take safety precautions by wearing the right shoes, bringing a helmet for climbing in rocky areas, and wearing gloves. Keep an eye out for regular lines, patterns, or marks on pebbles that signify the outline of a fossil. Pay attention to color and texture, and focus on clusters of rocks gathered in one place. To extract a fossil, choose the right tool for a job, such as steel probes for fragile specimens and chisels for larger rocks. Try to retain some of the rock around the fossil to avoid cracking it during removal. After you have successfully removed the fossil, carefully wrap it in foam or a soft, cushioning material. Place it into a sturdy container to avoid breaking or squishing the fossil. Properly document your location with photographs and map markings so that you can properly label the specimens you collect.