Ricoh Color Copiers
Update your company or home by adding a copier machine from Ricoh. Their wide range of options includes models that can copy, print, and scan.How do you select the right copier for your needs?
When choosing a Ricoh copier, there are several things to consider, such as:
- Function: Do you only need to make copies, or do you need a multi-function machine that connects to a computer to print digital content? Will you need to scan and fax as well?
- DPI: If you are going to scan, make sure the printer is capable of the resolution you need.
- Print speed: Printer speeds can range from just a few pages per minute to up to 60 pages per minute or more.
- Volume: Choose a copier designed to handle the workload you need. Some printers and copiers are made to handle high volumes, such as 100,000 copies per month, while others are well-suited for occasional home use.
- Paper size: Some machines are made to copy and print using paper sizes 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14, while others can handle multiple sizes, including envelopes and 11 x 17 ledger-sized paper
- Other options: Some machines have functions to staple, collate, bind, or hole punch your copies automatically.
If your copy or multifunction machine stops printing or the scanner malfunctions, troubleshooting is a simple process. Following a few standard procedures can restore your copier or scanner to normal function.
- Check the digital display screen of your Ricoh copier for error messages.
- Open the covers of the copier to check inside for a paper jam.
- Clean the copier, including the scanner or copy screen.
- Power the copier off and then back on to reset it.
- Refer to your copy machine owner’s manual for instructions if the problem persists.
If your multifunction printer includes a finisher that staples, you will need to load the staples in your machine. To place the staples in your Ricoh printer, take the following steps:
- After checking your user manual, locate the finisher on your printer and open the cover.
- Pull the lever on the staple cartridge to remove it.
- Remove the empty staple container.
- Press in the standard staple refill until it snaps into place.
- Push the refilled staple cartridge into place in the finisher.
- Close the cover on the finisher before using the machine.