Add Style to Your Wardrobe With Russian Retro and Vintage Fine Jewelry
When you want your style to stand out from the rest, a piece of retro or vintage jewelry can add a lot to your wardrobe. Shop on eBay to find an affordable piece of traditional Russian jewelry from a bygone era.Types of vintage and retro jewelry available on eBay
Most pieces of retro and vintage jewelry available on eBay are rings, although there are some that are necklaces or just stones. There are also some brooches and pins, bracelets, compacts, earrings, and cameos.What kinds of stones and metals are used?
There are a wide variety of stones used, including onyx, orange pearl, jade, emerald, topaz, citrine, opal, turquoise, diamond, amber, hematite, amethyst, quartz, mother of pearl, sapphire, and many others. Sterling silver, white gold, and yellow gold are the most commonly used metals, although platinum can sometimes be incorporated into a ring or another piece of jewelry. The grade of gold can range from 10k to 18k.What kinds of cuts are used on the stones?
There are several kinds of cuts that are often used on the stones, including:
- Oval: This stone shape is often used on semi-precious stones, such as jade and onyx, and its incorporated into the center of many rings.
- Round: This is a very commonly used cut on diamonds, and it works well in groups of stones.
- Pear: When a piece of jewelry incorporates a pear cut, its often the center stone on a ring or a pair of earrings.
- Heart: This type of cut can be used on semi-precious stones, such as opaque stones, but it can also be used on diamonds, rubies, and other precious stones.
- Square: Depending on the type of stone, this can be a regular square, or it can be a gemstone cut, such as princess cut. Opaque stones, such as hematite, will be simple squares or rectangles.
One of the most important things you need to do when choosing vintage jewelry is to do some research into the type of stone and the delivery method. Some stones have certifications, and some can also have heat treatment, both of which increase the value of the stone. You should also look at the details of the jewelry. Some older jewelry can have bumps or other imperfections. If you can, its also good to get authentication papers. And, of course, pick a piece of jewelry that you like, especially if you plan on wearing it often. You also need to make sure that youre buying a piece of jewelry that fits you, such as the case with rings, bracelets, and necklaces.